It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:13 am

Wales Development Bank HQ

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Mr Blue Sky

Re: Wales Development Bank HQ

PostWed May 17, 2017 5:22 pm

I'm a very frequent user of the M5/M6 route to the north of England too. The Smart Motorway initiative has helped but eventually the M6 will reach capacity between Coventry and Bolton. My proposal will happen eventually. I'm not proposing a motorway, just a series of bypasses joined up by dual-carriageway. No need for costly grade-separation unless it is a simple engineering project.

Wales is a country and a nation and our north/south transport links are very poor. They hamper economic development and undermine attempts to maintain the unity of Wales, culturally and politically. I've read in the online comments section of the Hereford paper that the Welsh government were lobbying to create a western bypass for that city. This probably happened during IWJ's stewardship of the Transport brief in 2007-2011.

As for the alignment of population in England and Wales, the 22 million people living around the Pennines have 4 main routes to reach the 16 million people in SE England and London but only 1 route to reach the 7 million people living in SW England and south Wales. That is not a sensible arrangement and goes some way to explain the poor economic performance of much of SW England and south Wales.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum