It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:03 am

Nation.Cymru

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Mathew5

Nation.Cymru

PostWed May 31, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi all

In the absence of a decent non-BBC English language website for Wales, Nation.cymru has been set up and is looking for contributors. It has a bit of a nationalist bent at the moment but asks how Wales can be a better nation. I am sure some forum members could contribute some awesome articles about Cardiff's growth etc.

Take a look anyway.

Zach

Re: Nation.Cymru

PostWed May 31, 2017 5:04 pm

Slightly nationalistic :lol:
If flag waving created jobs then this site could close every Job Centre Plus office.

Looks very amateur, I don't think the BBC or any other media org will worry too much.
This is the stuff on their twitter account, school boy anti English boyo humour

Nation.Cymru Retweeted
Thundercock‏ @fatherwoIand May 3
Walk into any pub. Look around. Fuckwit, dickhead, headwand, cunt, rembeast, throbber... Leave. Vote leave pub.

The site seems to be set up by this chap. Lecturer in Journalism in Bangor University.
Ifan Morgan Jones
https://www.bangor.ac.uk/creative_indus ... nes.php.en

He came first in the most authentic Welsh Name competition.

Mr Blue Sky

Re: Nation.Cymru

PostWed May 31, 2017 5:49 pm

This was tried before. Daily Wales published over 30 articles per week for 16 months, until July 2015, when it was hacked and destroyed on the orders of someone who is now an AM. This politician felt snubbed by the Daily Wales editors after they refused to cover a story that, while favourable to this politician, was deemed harmful to Wales' interests.

Daily Wales was profitable and by the end of its short life was getting over 20,000 unique visits a week.

I've been in contact with IMJ. He's a good guy and a great writer. Hopefully he won't get hacked by a narcissistic bullying twat.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum