It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:59 am

What's that boy? Activity at the Ely Mill?

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Jantra

Re: What's that boy? Activity at the Ely Mill?

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 6:12 pm

The best new builds I have seen are on pencisely road at the back on Thompson's park. Fits in with the rest of Canton

LINK
I'd rather be no one than someone with no one.

Lyndon

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Those are awful, generic crap, particularly when you remember we were promised a "21st century eco-village" at one point.

jones4891

PostWed Jul 12, 2017 8:02 pm

The houses at the front that you can see in that picture are the cheapest 2 bed properties they are offering. They are closest to the dairy (which has deliveries coming and going at night apparently) so that's where the market dictates that the cheapest houses go unfortunately. The more expensive 3-bed houses and townhouses will be set further back in the development, closer to the Ely River and Sanatorium Park. I'm told that there will be a mixture of styles with some houses being brick and others being rendered. They will be mixed in with more affordable housing and there will also be a substantial social housing element integrated into the scheme. As far as I can tell it will be fairly mixed and hopefully not too 'ghettoised'. Phase 1 of the development will be completed by the end of this year with phase 2 starting in 2018, the first part of which will be an apartment block on Sanatorium Road.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum