It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 pm

What's that boy? Activity at the Ely Mill?

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Ash

Re: What's that boy? Activity at the Ely Mill?

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 7:43 pm

Frank wrote:If they don't want through traffic why not just do a cul de sac?

Because it will be a through route for buses, presumably.

Frank

PostTue Jul 31, 2018 11:33 pm

Strange - there's plenty of buses going down that way already.

Ash

PostWed Aug 01, 2018 12:53 pm

Yes but by going through the estate they'll provide a local service for the devlopment and reduce journey times a little. I'm guessing they'll re-route some of the 17 and 18 (Ely and Caerau) sevices to go via the Mill and Wellington Street, avoiding almost all of Cowbridge Road East congestion.

Mr Blue Sky

PostWed Aug 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Ash wrote:Yes but by going through the estate they'll provide a local service for the devlopment and reduce journey times a little. I'm guessing they'll re-route some of the 17 and 18 (Ely and Caerau) sevices to go via the Mill and Wellington Street, avoiding almost all of Cowbridge Road East congestion.

You may be correct but this plan would prevent the fine people of Ely from alighting near to the shops and pubs of Canton, which many elderly folk and parents with children do. Buses should rejoin Cowbridge Rd east, travelling east, at the Clive Rd junction.

Frank

PostTue Jul 28, 2020 8:19 pm

I was there today. I hadn't realised how much has now been built. Already quite a lot of residents there. The layout doesn't seem too bad and I quite like the park/greenery. However there were a load of metal fences up in front of the river for some reason - I hope it doesn't turn into the Rio Grande.

I'd like to post a few photos but struggling to.

Frank

PostWed Jul 29, 2020 12:32 pm

There does appear to be a tunnel underneath the city line that could link to Cowbridge Road East but it isn't accessible at the moment. Nice boost for all those niche shops/cafes by Victoria Park. Surely there needs to be a metro station.

jones4891

PostMon Aug 03, 2020 10:49 pm

The tunnel will be opened up as far as I'm aware, but maybe not for some time. The river walk has had planning submitted so work should start this year.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum