It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:21 am

Bayscape

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

moyceyyy

Re: Bayscape

PostSat Oct 28, 2017 12:00 am

Jantra wrote:Penarth is very much part of Cardiff no matter what some of its residents believe. It is so integrated in every way it's only a matter of time before political reorganisation

Any more urban sprawl in Penarth/Dinas powys area and we may as well be calling Barry a part of Cardiff's conurbation! :lol:

Jantra

PostSat Oct 28, 2017 10:43 am

I moved to penarth because that's where the boss wanted to live when we relocated from M/cr. I would have gone back to Canton - somewhere around Pencisely Rise or Severn Grove would have sufficed

Jantra

PostSat Oct 28, 2017 10:44 am

moyceyyy wrote:
Jantra wrote:Penarth is very much part of Cardiff no matter what some of its residents believe. It is so integrated in every way it's only a matter of time before political reorganisation

Any more urban sprawl in Penarth/Dinas powys area and we may as well be calling Barry a part of Cardiff's conurbation! :lol:

It will happen in my lifetime. Dinas to Barry is about half a mile.

Edit: just checked and it's 0.9 miles along Cardiff road

Simon__200

PostSun Oct 29, 2017 11:36 am

As far as representation constituency-wise (Westminster and Welsh Government), it already is politically joined; Cardiff South and Penarth.

There are still well-defined borders between Newport in the East though. And Cardiff isn't going to be joining with Barry any time soon. Especially with the local authority reorganisation off the agenda.

Baysailor

PostSun Oct 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Proposals have Penarth to be in a new Vale of Glamorgan East (incudes Barry) parliament constituency. With Cardiff South merging with other Cardiff seats. Perhaps the two are diverging!

Simon__200

PostSun Oct 29, 2017 9:11 pm

That's the government's boundary commission plan to reduce the number of MPs that's now unlikey to happen. Thankfully.

Jantra

PostMon Oct 30, 2017 9:34 am

Baysailor wrote:Proposals have Penarth to be in a new Vale of Glamorgan East (incudes Barry) parliament constituency. With Cardiff South merging with other Cardiff seats. Perhaps the two are diverging!

I was referring to the city and county of Cardiff expanding in the future

Cwlcymro

PostMon Oct 30, 2017 9:54 pm

moyceyyy wrote:

Only 7 fields separates where where the Cardiff sprawl ends in Lower Penarth and the Barry sprawl starts in Sully. (and to the North only 9 fields from Dinas Powys to Palmerstown)

Roses

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 10:38 am

Penarth is pretty separate still.

For one thing (and this really irks me) we can't use the dump at Bessemer road and have to use the one down at Barry. Drives me mad.

The house prices also cause separation. Even prices in Cogan are now crazy.

Lewisbeecham

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 12:16 pm

I just had an email offering an early bird discount for these flats. They've been on sale for a while, must be struggling to shift them...
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum