It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:12 am

Bayscape

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

paul cardiffwalesmap

Re: Bayscape

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 3:51 pm

URBANO wrote:Which do you think it'll be? Hmmm? Like every other high rise in Cardiff (one semi exception Capital Tower ) .....or the one exception to every other high rise in Cardiff?

And if it's like all the other high rises in Cardiff then I totally agree ......yuck

But better than nothing, eh......

Well actually you may be pleasantly surprised - (mind you the way you sound you may be disappointed ?? :roll: ) and we'll probably know more soon by the quality of finish of phase 1. Christopher has waited for the right time on this whole project and I'd be amazed if he compromised by using poor materials for his flagship!!
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

URBANO

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Please.

If the materials were good then I'd be delighted if this was built.... there.

I just think we're all going to be disappointed. Hope I'm wrong

Dr O

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 6:12 pm

We should know pretty soon about the quality of the facade on phase 1, walking past it looks like it'll start to go on, at least on the Eastern building, before Christmas. Given the way Christopher has spoken about the project alonside the amount they are asking for apartments I am hoping the quality is going to be high across the development, but that new render does not exactly fill me with confidence.

URBANO

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Please report back Dr O. Very often words like "quality" can begin to lose their meaning in this context....a bit like "luxury" ( flat). But it would be very heartening indeed if the materials really were of quality. I suspect we only need one developer ( like Christopher) to use quality materials to inject a degree of market competition and see everyone upping their game.

Jantra

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 6:43 pm

I think some are not seeing what URBANO is getting it due to his recent criticism of those who welcome any form of high rise.

I can see both points of view. I am very much in the high rise camp and want to see these towers all come to fruition. However URBANO is quite correct. We need quality. The likes of celestia, altolusso and ty pont haearn are poor quality and we would be better of having better quality mid rises such as Callaghan square and central square, where the quality is more evident.

In recent times the only decent high rise has been, imho, meridian gate. We've had a decent mid rise in admiral but generally speaking the rest have been poor quality, save for SD2. There is no harm in wanting a better quality finish and DaiB has recently pointed out the current situation makes a mockery of the planning system when the finished product looks so different from what was put before the planners.

One thing is for sure, the level of debate has upped a notch or two and that surely has to be seen as a good thing.

URBANO

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 7:11 pm

Couldn't have put it better myself!

moyceyyy

PostWed Nov 29, 2017 1:12 am

Peiriannydd wrote:New renders for Bayscape Phase 2 have been released.

http://dodesigngallery.co.uk/360s/Bayscape.html

Where did you get those photos?

I cant find them anywhere on the site!

And may I add, coming from a family of web designers, that site is abhorrently bad to use.

johnsy

PostWed Nov 29, 2017 2:32 pm

I'm guessing they are from the designer and will appear on the bayscape website soon. The Penthouse is up for £950k on rightmove...

Lewisbeecham

PostWed Nov 29, 2017 2:36 pm

johnsy wrote:I'm guessing they are from the designer and will appear on the bayscape website soon. The Penthouse is up for £950k on rightmove...

Surely this is the most expensive flat in Cardiff?

Just had a look, whilst the square footage is immense, £950k for Cardiff, really?

moyceyyy

PostWed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Lewisbeecham wrote:
johnsy wrote:I'm guessing they are from the designer and will appear on the bayscape website soon. The Penthouse is up for £950k on rightmove...

Surely this is the most expensive flat in Cardiff?

Just had a look, whilst the square footage is immense, £950k for Cardiff, really?

If it helps the economy, I really dont mind how much these cost.

I highly doubt the ludicrous cost of luxury flats in the bay will have any bearing on the living costs of an average Cardiffian.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum