It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:47 am

Bayscape

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Re: Bayscape

PostThu Nov 16, 2017 12:34 pm

Roses wrote:Penarth is pretty separate still.

same postcode, same telephone code, part of the Cardiff South parliamentary authority, same bus service, part of the urban sprawl. I can't see how it can be said Penarth is separate other than a LGA boundary.

moyceyyy

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 2:31 am

Penarth isn't separate lol, come on. Would you say the Mumbles are separate from Swansea?

Mr Blue Sky

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 2:57 pm

Jantra wrote:

same postcode, same telephone code, part of the Cardiff South parliamentary authority, same bus service, part of the urban sprawl. I can't see how it can be said Penarth is separate other than a LGA boundary.

Penarth is separate in the minds of many Penarthians. It sits proudly - some may say ostentatiously - atop Its hill. It was a rival to Cardiff for a century while being part of Cardiff’s urban area and its detachment - symbolic, emotional, cultural - persists in the minds and hearts of born-and-bred Penarthians.

You, being a Pontcanna boy, just don’t and won’t get it.

moyceyyy

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 3:53 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Jantra wrote:

Penarth is separate in the minds of many Penarthians. It sits proudly - some may say ostentatiously - atop Its hill. It was a rival to Cardiff for a century while being part of Cardiff’s urban area and its detachment - symbolic, emotional, cultural - persists in the minds and hearts of born-and-bred Penarthians.

I know a few Penarth born people, including meeting its most iconic resident - high contrast (Lincoln). He considers Penarth a part of Cardiff, as do the rest. But heres a question. Why do you not want to be a part of Cardiff? (I'm actually just wondering.)

Jantra

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Jantra wrote:

It's a bit early to be fishing surely?

Rhodri

PostSat Nov 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Penarth is Cardiff in a way that Caerphilly isn’t. Penarth continues the cityscape and of course some wish to preserve the difference but it’s all window shopping for blinds.

Briz-Tim

PostSat Nov 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Penarth is pretty indistinguishable, especially to newcomers and visitors.

It's fairly common for many cities to contain places that used to have a distinct history or identity separate from the larger settlement. I think Barry is a bit more of a contender for being very close and connected but palpably distinct from Cardiff, in a way that Penarth just isn't.

Peiriannydd

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 2:57 pm

New renders for Bayscape Phase 2 have been released.

http://dodesigngallery.co.uk/360s/Bayscape.html
Attachments
b3be325a-877e-477d-9352-bba85fa77ce4-large.jpeg
b3be325a-877e-477d-9352-bba85fa77ce4-large.jpeg (88.48 KiB) Viewed 11986 times

RandomComment

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 3:19 pm

Thats really quite different! It could be quite nice still, if the materials are high quality (e.g. glass and high quality light stone-effect facing say). But if they are low quality (white render or cheap panels), then.. yuck!

URBANO

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Which do you think it'll be? Hmmm? Like every other high rise in Cardiff (one semi exception Capital Tower ) .....or the one exception to every other high rise in Cardiff?

And if it's like all the other high rises in Cardiff then I totally agree ......yuck

But better than nothing, eh......
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum