It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 am

Plasdwr - 6,000 Homes

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

RandomComment

Re: Plasdwr - 6,000 Homes

PostMon Jan 22, 2018 3:50 pm

Sian Mills, one of the first residents at Plasdŵr said:

Sian Mills wrote: We moved into our new home in November and have really settled in, it feels like we’ve lived here for years. We wanted to live in an area with a close-knit community and as the development continues to take shape we can see that emerging..

What goodies do you think she got for that bit of PR?

Simon__200

PostMon Jan 22, 2018 8:10 pm

Ash wrote:I drove the length of Llantrisant Road this morning and the sheer number and scale of sites is extraordinary. I really don't see how the roads in Llandaff are going to cope at peak times. Sure there are plans for a Metro line in the distant future but these developments are happening now. Unlesss there is some short-term mitigation (and it's difficult to imagine what that might be) it's going to be horrendous.

Are there? Where?

Ash

PostMon Jan 22, 2018 10:00 pm

Simon__200 wrote:Are there? Where?

From memory going south to north, you have Redrow's ridiculously named Plasdŵr (a mistranslation of a mistranslation), Barret's 'Maes y Deri ' two un-named sites just north of Rhydlafar and another opposite the first turning to Creigiau.

Msmurf

PostTue Jan 23, 2018 3:03 am

I think he means where are the metro plans, They were recently published on the Transport for Wales website, hidden at the back of a document called SHRA. The plans for 'North West Corridor' are not yet finalised but include a LR 'tram' running on the old HR alignment from Fairwater on the City Line to Creigiau (scheme 238) and onwards to Llantrisant (scheme 229) with a few alternatives thrown in.

However these schemes are 'not finalised'
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.

Owen

PostTue Jul 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Application for the next stage at Plasdwr - 120 homes to fill in the wedge of land between heol isaf an llantrisant Road. This is the best design link I can find

https://planningonline.cardiff.gov.uk/o ... 051177.pdf

Has anyone driven down llantrisant Road recently? Houses going up both sides of llantrisant Road and definitely feel you’re driving through a building site now

murfilicious

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 9:15 am

Owen wrote:Has anyone driven down llantrisant Road recently? Houses going up both sides of llantrisant Road and definitely feel you’re driving through a building site now

Drive it several times a day (I live in Danescourt) the sheer scale of Plasdwr, Maes Y Deri (the Barratt site near Rhydlafar) and the Parish (near Creigiau) are just staggering. Keep meaning to try and get some photos but there are not many places to stop...
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

moyceyyy

PostSat Jul 28, 2018 12:13 am

murfilicious wrote:
Owen wrote:Has anyone driven down llantrisant Road recently? Houses going up both sides of llantrisant Road and definitely feel you’re driving through a building site now

Drive it several times a day (I live in Danescourt) the sheer scale of Plasdwr, Maes Y Deri (the Barratt site near Rhydlafar) and the Parish (near Creigiau) are just staggering. Keep meaning to try and get some photos but there are not many places to stop...

I must see! Im going to have to take a road trip methinks.

RandomComment

PostWed Aug 01, 2018 3:17 pm

I decided to take a look at some of the websites of these new developments - mainly to get a sense of scale or design and layout. The first one I checked was Persimmon's "The Parish", which has very little detail. What it does have is some wonderful examples of pretty crap English language writing and pretty uninspiring marketing for new homes.

Persimmon Homes wrote:For local outdoor activities there is Creigiau Golf Club and Creigiau recreation ground. To the South there is St. Fagans National Museum of History which is a fun family day out. For larger leisure activities Cardiff hosts a huge range, for starters Cardiff Bay has a huge pool Cardiff International Pool and Cardiff Bay Yacht Club. Within Cardiff town centre and outskirts there is the New Theatre, Cardiff Castle and Motorpoint Arena Cardiff to name a few.

Persimmon Homes wrote:Creigiau has a bus service which goes to Cardiff City Centre, from here there is many bus routes going throughout Cardiff and further afield to Newport to the East and Swansea to the West. Cardiff has an excellent train service by Arriva which has many train stations within the City Centre. They also go to Barry Island, Penarth and Pontypridd to name a few. Cardiff Central train station also links to nearby towns and further London Paddington. For further trips Cardiff Airport is South West of Cardiff which goes to popular destinations. Creigiau is near the A4119 which heads into Cardiff, plus Junction 34 M4, heading East to Newport and West to Swansea.

Persimmon Homes wrote:Within Creigiau there is Creigiau Pharmacy, and Radyr Medical Centre is nearby which is currently welcoming any new registrations. Only a quick drive away there is Nuffield Health The Vale Hospital. To the East in Cardiff there are quite a few hospitals, to name a few Rookwood Hospital, Four Elms Medical Centre, University Hospital of Wales and University Hospital Llandough.

Does noone who actually knows something about marketing or the English language actually read over these things???

RandomComment

PostWed Aug 01, 2018 3:23 pm

Oh and now Barratt's Maes y Deri is in the wrong location..

Maes Y Deri
Pugh's Garden Centre, Tynant Road, Morganstown, CARDIFF, CF15 8LB

I'm guessing that is where the marketing suite currently is while they construct the development? But still, confusing!!

Frank

PostWed Aug 01, 2018 10:39 pm

Well let's hope the budget is all being splashed on the building not the marketing. Given the scale of this we really need it to be a success. When one thinks of recent developments in Cardiff - Thornhill, St Mellons, Pontprennau - it's hard to feel optimistic. What was wrong with having streets in straight lines? I get it in a way, giving people a sense of space and the car is so important but all these strange layouts look like a maze.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum