It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:14 am

St. Edeyrn Housing Development

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Kyle

St. Edeyrn Housing Development

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 2:37 pm

The 1,000 new homes at St.Edeyrn could be approved tonight

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/old-st-mellons-cardiff-controversial-7532024

I'm pleased the Welsh Government haven't called this in and hopefully it'll be given the go ahead and they can get started.

Fingers crossed we'll see a start soon on this as well as Ely Mill.

Neil

Re: St. Edeyrn Housing Development

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 4:20 pm

Well I'm glad I don't work up at Cardiff Gate anymore if it does go ahead!

Kyle

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 12:28 pm

The Untouchable One

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 7:39 pm

Great stuff, just need to make sure that the Waterfall proposal goes through regardless of what the small-minded NIMBY's and Plaid wasters of Fairwater think :)
The artist formerly known as Commuter87

penarth bloke

PostSat Aug 02, 2014 1:57 pm

My initial reaction is this , its a silly development. Developing housing estates is not just about houses, its also about community and it seems lessons have not been learned from such developments all around the UK for the last 50 years. OK, there is a token school and a token community centre and token transport connections. But its just loads and loads of little brick boxes with no imagination and no thought about day to day living and the quality of that living.

I am all in favour, if reluctantly, of building new homes for Cardiff, but it just as important to think about the day to day living in such area's and that means not being so dependant on car travel, having a decent number of local shops, pubs and other facilities within walking distance, (staggering distance in the case of pubs), also one of the main complaints others have said about such developments in the past, is the sense of isolation felt by some.

Mr Blue Sky

PostSun Aug 03, 2014 1:57 pm

The Untouchable One wrote:Great stuff, just need to make sure that the Waterfall proposal goes through regardless of what the small-minded NIMBY's and Plaid wasters of Fairwater think :)

Yes I can't wait for all of those houses to be built. Cardiff will be a much better place once this happens because people will be able to live in houses and drive to those houses. Also drive from those houses.
Amazing.
Can't wait.
Sooooo excited!!!!
Cardiff is ok at the minute but once those six or seven thousand extra houses are built.... You just watch.
People will come from far and wide to acclaim the vision of Cardiff's Labour group and proclaim Cardiff to be a truly international, 21st Century European Capital with Europe's most exciting western suburb.
Like I said....can't wait!
Patel Boulevard.
Goodway Rise.
Cook Close.
Heol Bale.
And all inconveniently situated a long traffic-jam away from the city centre, no-where near any public transport, up a big hill to deter cycling and walking.
Genius!! :D

The Untouchable One

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Hit a nerve have I precious? Cardiff needs new houses, dry your tears and empathise how those in Canton felt when they built Fairwater for the greater good. At least those in the vicinity will have something better to look at than those in Canton do!
The artist formerly known as Commuter87

Jantra

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 8:47 pm

The Untouchable One wrote:Hit a nerve have I precious? Cardiff needs new houses, dry your tears and empathise how those in Canton felt when they built Fairwater for the greater good. At least those in the vicinity will have something better to look at than those in Canton do!

Hang on, ninian park was in Canton

Mr Blue Sky

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 1:40 am

The Untouchable One wrote:Hit a nerve have I precious? Cardiff needs new houses, dry your tears and empathise how those in Canton felt when they built Fairwater for the greater good. At least those in the vicinity will have something better to look at than those in Canton do!

Cardiff needs new houses.....ok.
Do you, The Untouchable One, need new houses?
Do you have a personal stake in these being built?
Why are you so keen?

Caerdydd

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 3:01 am

I for one am glad this has been given the go ahead. I live in CF3 at the moment I have lived this side of Cardiff for most of my life. Hardly any new houses (on a large scale) have been built in Cardiff for years and its high time this changed. The fact that its going to be tucked in between Pontprennau and Old St Mellons is an ideal location for me personally.
Next

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum