It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:39 am

South Wales Mainline Electrification

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Mr Blue Sky

Re: South Wales Mainline Electrification

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Jantra wrote:
daearegwr wrote:UK Government has now confirmed that the electrification to Swansea is off the table http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... n-13357575

Seems a bit of a kick considering they this week announced who was getting the share of the £6.6bn from HS2. At least we got 5 additional trains though!

I imagine that's because the seaside town has yet to discover fire, let alone elastic trickery

The Swansea and Mumbles Railway was the world's first passenger rail line.

Jantra

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Jantra wrote:
daearegwr wrote:UK Government has now confirmed that the electrification to Swansea is off the table http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... n-13357575

Seems a bit of a kick considering they this week announced who was getting the share of the £6.6bn from HS2. At least we got 5 additional trains though!

I imagine that's because the seaside town has yet to discover fire, let alone elastic trickery

The Swansea and Mumbles Railway was the world's first passenger rail line.

how quaint its still considered cutting edge by the locals nearly 200 years later

Peiriannydd

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Is all of this "banter" really necessary?

Whilst I've been guilty of labelling Swansea a "shithole" in the past, much to the protests of several forum members, I don't take pleasure in it.

Jantra

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Peiriannydd wrote:Is all of this "banter" really necessary?

Whilst I've been guilty of labelling Swansea a "shithole" in the past, much to the protests of several forum members, I don't take pleasure in it.

you're right, we'll run out of internet if this carries on.

:mrgreen:

Zach

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Whilst I've been guilty of labelling Swansea a "shithole"

Don't dare criticise the WAG/Assembly/Talking Shop or the Welsh language, but its ok to Call Swansea a Sh*thole. :?:
Pot, Kettle etc.

What would happen if the WAG moved to Swansea and they also hosted the make-ye-uppy translation unit for "new" Welsh words? :lol:

Peiriannydd

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Zach wrote:

Don't dare criticise the WAG/Assembly/Talking Shop or the Welsh language, but its ok to Call Swansea a Sh*thole. :?:
Pot, Kettle etc.

What would happen if the WAG moved to Swansea and they also hosted the make-ye-uppy translation unit for "new" Welsh words? :lol:

Wow, you must have been stewing on that one! :lol:

As I said quite clearly, there's nothing wrong with criticising things/organisations/people/places/etc. when it is warranted and it's done in a constructive manner. But I don't think it's appropriate on this forum to use just about every post to slag off one particular thing/organisation/person/place, even when if it clearly off topic! When I read your posts I wonder if you have anything positive to say about anything or anyone.

Incidently, I did have the good grace to appologise for any offence caused by labelling Swansea in such a way, as there are a number of people who read and contribute to this forum who come from Swansea. I also noted that I don't take pleasure it making such remarks.

Instead of trying to label me as a hypocrite, why don't you just respond to my challenge and enlighten us all with your alternative vision for Wales? Or would you prefer to just continue with your childish jibes at topics and individuals?

Jantra

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 9:48 pm

That's all very interesting but can't we get back to slagging off the peg sellers?

Mathew5

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 10:03 pm

Zach wrote:

Pot, Kettle etc.

I think you don't understand the difference between facts and feelings. Swansea IS a dump at the moment but could be a lovely seaside city.

Taking the piss out of people's language is just plain disgusting. How many languages do you speak out of interest?

People on this forum are tired of you Zach. Peirianydd is right. You ARE childish and deeply unfunny. Your contri utions belong in the gutter of newspaper BTL comment sections and not on a forum like this.

Jantra

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 8:11 am

Mathew5 wrote:
Zach wrote:

Pot, Kettle etc.

I think you don't understand the difference between facts and feelings. Swansea IS a dump at the moment but could be a lovely seaside city.

Taking the piss out of people's language is just plain disgusting. How many languages do you speak out of interest?

People on this forum are tired of you Zach. Peirianydd is right. You ARE childish and deeply unfunny. Your contri utions belong in the gutter of newspaper BTL comment sections and not on a forum like this.

Oystermouth Road?

Mathew5

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 10:15 am

Well indeed! The city has so much potential and has some beautiful spots, but I have no reason to go there and the city centre speaks for itself.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum