It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:47 am


Cardiff 15000 arena

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 977
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Cardiff 15000 arena

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Bluegazza wrote:If I remember rightly the isv was one of the locations discussed for a joint Cardiff City/Blues stadium when City were looking to move from Ninian Park before they choose to move across the road.

I think this early plan shows what looks like a replacement for Leckwith Athletics stadium?


Wow that's a blast from the past!!
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
Offline

Lewisbeecham

  • Posts: 428
  • Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 am

Re: Cardiff 15000 arena

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 6:11 pm

Bluegazza wrote:If I remember rightly the isv was one of the locations discussed for a joint Cardiff City/Blues stadium when City were looking to move from Ninian Park before they choose to move across the road.

I think this early plan shows what looks like a replacement for Leckwith Athletics stadium?


It's amazing how different the area looks compared.

What's was the original plans for this? Way before my time.
Offline

Bluegazza

  • Posts: 53
  • Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Cardiff 15000 arena

PostTue Feb 06, 2018 7:08 pm

I remember plans for a stadium, super casino, viewing tower, 6 star hotel and ski slope (still maybe will happen).

Along with that two towers that cantilever over the water, bars and shops.

There has been lots of visions for the area with bits of each used i guess.
Offline

Bluegazza

  • Posts: 53
  • Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Cardiff 15000 arena

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 8:29 am

Location for new indoor arena in Cardiff revealed

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/ ... p_AppShare
Offline

Lewisbeecham

  • Posts: 428
  • Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 am

Re: Cardiff 15000 arena

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 am

So I could potentially have a new 15,000 capacity arena some 250 feet from my flat. This is by far the best location.
Offline

Cen

  • Posts: 522
  • Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Re: Cardiff 15000 arena

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 11:08 am

Excellent. I was hoping they’d choose this spot. It should form a nice “Entertainments” district with the Millennium Centre and the bay. Hopefully this will inject some much needed development interest in that part of the bay. I bet the owners of that new hotel nearby are chuffed with this.
Offline

Simon_SW17

  • Posts: 469
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Re: Cardiff 15000 arena

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 11:21 am

Having large surface car parks is a complete waste of valuable land so this is a good option. I like the street in between the arena and the Red Dragon centre which opens up the area and provides a walk through as oppose to the closed off feel at present.

I'm a bit confused by the CGI and the article as they seem to show and say different things. The picture shows the arena on the Red Dragon centre car park with County Hall's car park intact, the article says it's going to use both car park areas?
Offline

Lewisbeecham

  • Posts: 428
  • Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 am

Re: Cardiff 15000 arena

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am

Simon_SW17 wrote:Having large surface car parks is a complete waste of valuable land so this is a good option. I like the street in between the arena and the Red Dragon centre which opens up the area and provides a walk through as oppose to the closed off feel at present.

I'm a bit confused by the CGI and the article as they seem to show and say different things. The picture shows the arena on the Red Dragon centre car park with County Hall's car park intact, the article says it's going to use both car park areas?


Currently they also use the County Hall car park on the weekends as a park and ride, perhaps they plan on doing this for events?

I wouldn't be shocked if the council offices are moved into town allowing for more flats or hotels etc to be built here. There will be demand, this is a massive investment.
Offline

Mr Blue Sky

  • Posts: 406
  • Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Re: Cardiff 15000 arena

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Lewisbeecham wrote:So I could potentially have a new 15,000 capacity arena some 250 feet from my flat. This is by far the best location.


Wow! Your life will be half as amazing as the people who live on Sloper Rd opposite the CCS or one fifth as incredible as the people who live on Westgate St near the MILLENNIUM stadium. Well done you!
Offline

Cardiff

  • Posts: 421
  • Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:48 am

Re: Cardiff 15000 arena

PostFri Feb 09, 2018 12:55 pm

Great location for it and exciting times for possible further developments off this. One thing i noted was in the render there was no space for the suspiciously quiet museum that was proposed for this area.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amp, Google [Bot] and 13 guests