It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am

Qatar 5* Hotel

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Ash

Re: Qatar 5* Hotel

PostSat May 05, 2018 3:05 pm

I'm not doubting that it's doomed - just saying that I like it!

It's a very good point being made about the size of the combined Rapports / surface car park/ Motorpoint site. You could fit a whole lot of stuff on to there - not just a hotel.

RandomComment

PostWed May 09, 2018 3:33 pm

Is this where the 5 star hotel might go?

The empty parcel of land on Westgate street by one of the entrances to the Millennium Stadium?

Msmurf

PostWed May 09, 2018 3:46 pm

Now that would tick all of the boxes......a great place for a hotel with all the hospitality opportunities ...
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.

Lewisbeecham

PostWed May 09, 2018 4:00 pm

I agree, great place for a hotel... but I just don't think it will be suitable for this. Will guests paying five star quality want loud rugby fans directly outside in the thousands of match days? Just doesn't feel totally right.

Mr Blue Sky

PostWed May 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Lewisbeecham wrote:I agree, great place for a hotel... but I just don't think it will be suitable for this. Will guests paying five star quality want loud rugby fans directly outside in the thousands of match days? Just doesn't feel totally right.

On match days the hotel would, inevitably, be full of rugby/football fans.

RandomComment

PostWed May 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Lewisbeecham wrote:I agree, great place for a hotel... but I just don't think it will be suitable for this. Will guests paying five star quality want loud rugby fans directly outside in the thousands of match days? Just doesn't feel totally right.

On match days the hotel would, inevitably, be full of rugby/football fans.

Its interesting to think about. I think when there is a big rugby game, even the top hotels in Cardiff tend to get filled up with rugby fans; and the price differentiation (in % terms) between top and mid/low quality hotels tends to narrow: they all price gouge!

Amoore

PostFri May 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Wouldn't that rule out the whole city centre then?
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum