It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:45 am

Cardiff Bay Beach

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Ash

Re: Cardiff Bay Beach

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Alvear24 wrote:I think that we can ALL agree than if anyone is in a bubble it's welsh speakers!!

Speak for yourself, mate.

Alvear24

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 3:11 pm

Eisteddfod...."let's hold a festival that only a small proportion of the population can attend, make no effort to be inclusive, militantly attack anyone who doesn't support them making Corbyn and his left leaning friends look like pussy cats, and fail to recognise that this piece of welsh 'culture' belongs to the literary or political elite.....completely evading the mass population of Wales......." I'd say that was living in a bubble.......

daearegwr

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Alvear24 wrote:Eisteddfod...."let's hold a festival that only a small proportion of the population can attend, make no effort to be inclusive, militantly attack anyone who doesn't support them making Corbyn and his left leaning friends look like pussy cats, and fail to recognise that this piece of welsh 'culture' belongs to the literary or political elite.....completely evading the mass population of Wales......." I'd say that was living in a bubble.......

Fancy having another try?

Anyone can attend the Eisteddfod, this year especially as you only have to pay to enter the competitions in the millennium centre. Yes it's a Welsh language festival, but just because you don't speak the language doesn't mean you can't attend. A quick google would have showed a large number of sessions are translated for those who can't speak Welsh - https://eisteddfod.wales/translated-sessions. Plus all the stallholders are more than capable of conversing with you in Welsh and English.

Have you ever been? If not, this year is the perfect chance to experience it for yourself

Lyndon

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 5:44 pm

Alvear24 wrote:Eisteddfod...."let's hold a festival that only a small proportion of the population can attend, make no effort to be inclusive, militantly attack anyone who doesn't support them making Corbyn and his left leaning friends look like pussy cats, and fail to recognise that this piece of welsh 'culture' belongs to the literary or political elite.....completely evading the mass population of Wales......." I'd say that was living in a bubble.......

Oh dear, do you have some sort of disability that prevents you from learning our native language?

How tragic.

I don't suppose you mind if the rest of us go, do you?

Alvear24

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 7:42 pm

Lyndon wrote:

Oh dear, do you have some sort of disability that prevents you from learning our native language?

How tragic.

I don't suppose you mind if the rest of us go, do you?

I guess this is the militancy I described.....didn't take long for it to surface :shock:
Last edited by Alvear24 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alvear24

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 7:53 pm

daearegwr wrote:

Fancy having another try?

Anyone can attend the Eisteddfod, this year especially as you only have to pay to enter the competitions in the millennium centre. Yes it's a Welsh language festival, but just because you don't speak the language doesn't mean you can't attend. A quick google would have showed a large number of sessions are translated for those who can't speak Welsh - https://eisteddfod.wales/translated-sessions. Plus all the stallholders are more than capable of conversing with you in Welsh and English.

Have you ever been? If not, this year is the perfect chance to experience it for yourself

Interesting that you chose not to address that fact that it's elitist, out of touch or militant......perhaps a smidgen of truth there?......but I agree with you in that I don't think even the welsh language brigade haven't figured out how to restrict entry on linguistic capability.......yet

Lyndon

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 8:04 pm

Alvear24 wrote:
Interesting that you chose not to address that fact that it's elitist, out of touch or militant......perhaps a smidgen of truth there?......but I agree with you in that I don't think even the welsh language brigade haven't figured out how to restrict entry on linguistic capability.......yet

You're an idiot, spouting bullshit. It would be a more constructive use of my time to argue with my daughters' guinea pigs.

Alvear24

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Lyndon wrote:
Alvear24 wrote:

You're an idiot, spouting bullshit. It would be a more constructive use of my time to argue with my daughters' guinea pigs.

Gosh....I wonder why so many of the population have an issue with Welsh speakers.........?????? :?

Lewisbeecham

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 9:14 pm

Alvear24 wrote:
Lyndon wrote:
Alvear24 wrote:

Gosh....I wonder why so many of the population have an issue with Welsh speakers.........?????? :?

Whats your source for this?

Ash

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Alvear24 wrote:
Lyndon wrote:
Alvear24 wrote:

Except they don't. You may have a personal issue with the Welsh language but you are in a very small minority - a bubble if you want to call it that.

You thought everyone here would agree with you. No one did. Now you appear to think that the people who disagree with you must be Welsh speakers. Maybe you should take a reality check.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum