It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:21 am


Cardiff Bay Beach

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Ash

  • Posts: 755
  • Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Cardiff Bay Beach

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Alvear24 wrote:
Lyndon wrote:
Alvear24 wrote:
Interesting that you chose not to address that fact that it's elitist, out of touch or militant......perhaps a smidgen of truth there?......but I agree with you in that I don't think even the welsh language brigade haven't figured out how to restrict entry on linguistic capability.......yet


You're an idiot, spouting bullshit. It would be a more constructive use of my time to argue with my daughters' guinea pigs.


Gosh....I wonder why so many of the population have an issue with Welsh speakers.........?????? :?


Except they don't. You may have a personal issue with the Welsh language but you are in a very small minority - a bubble if you want to call it that.

You thought everyone here would agree with you. No one did. Now you appear to think that the people who disagree with you must be Welsh speakers. Maybe you should take a reality check.
Offline

Alvear24

  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Re: Cardiff Bay Beach

PostFri Jul 27, 2018 11:25 pm

You thought everyone here would agree with you. No one did. Now you appear to think that the people who disagree with you must be Welsh speakers. Maybe you should take a reality check.


Maybe.....but maybe not:

http://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/electionsinw ... anguage-i/

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/04/a-j ... njandrums/

https://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdo ... h-language

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... te-1816843

http://theconversation.com/teenage-apat ... uage-48422

My money's on it running out of puff and claiming fewer speakers than 200,000 by 2040......
Offline

Ash

  • Posts: 755
  • Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: Cardiff Bay Beach

PostSat Jul 28, 2018 1:35 am

Oh God, how desperate are you getting?

If ancient opinion pieces are the best you can up with, good luck with that.

I have no idea what the future of the Welsh language may be - but nor do you. What I do believe is that it's a precious thing which people in Wales, Welsh speaking or not, regard as valuable and important. Every opinion survey in recent years bear that out.

Frankly, If you think that what a twat like Rod Liddle thinks is important, it says more about you than it does about the Welsh language.

I won't argue with you any more. As Lyndon said, his daughters guinea pigs have more brains!
Online

Lewisbeecham

  • Posts: 257
  • Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 am

Re: Cardiff Bay Beach

PostSat Jul 28, 2018 2:49 am

I think this has gone rather off topic now.
Offline

Simon__200

  • Posts: 204
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Re: Cardiff Bay Beach

PostSat Jul 28, 2018 11:32 am

Alvear24 wrote:
Lyndon wrote:
Alvear24 wrote:
Interesting that you chose not to address that fact that it's elitist, out of touch or militant......perhaps a smidgen of truth there?......but I agree with you in that I don't think even the welsh language brigade haven't figured out how to restrict entry on linguistic capability.......yet


You're an idiot, spouting bullshit. It would be a more constructive use of my time to argue with my daughters' guinea pigs.


Gosh....I wonder why so many of the population have an issue with Welsh speakers.........?????? :?


I'm not a Welsh speaker and I concur with Lyndon. You really are an idiot. Completely pointless engaging with anyone with such a lack of mental capacity. Utterly pointless.

You should feel ashamed of how you've hijacked this thread to spill your ill-informed bile.
Offline

halfnhalf

  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Re: Cardiff Bay Beach

PostSat Jul 28, 2018 6:58 pm

i agree with alvear24 most welsh speakers are totaly stuck up and in a bubble
i was forced to learn in school like most of me mates it has not me helped at all
better to use the money for something useful
Offline

Cen

  • Posts: 504
  • Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Re: Cardiff Bay Beach

PostSat Jul 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Please stop.
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 831
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Cardiff Bay Beach

PostSat Jul 28, 2018 11:06 pm

Cen wrote:Please stop.


yep this is going nowhere good :cry: obviously and quite rightly people have strong opinions on such matters as the Welsh language - Perhaps a new thread could be started? (but alas it will probably end in insults again). There's no great solution to this folks, as people are entitled to their own opinions - but if only we could keep it as debate and not insults :roll:
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
Offline

Simon__200

  • Posts: 204
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Re: Cardiff Bay Beach

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 12:20 am

paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:
Cen wrote:Please stop.


yep this is going nowhere good :cry: obviously and quite rightly people have strong opinions on such matters as the Welsh language - Perhaps a new thread could be started? (but alas it will probably end in insults again). There's no great solution to this folks, as people are entitled to their own opinions - but if only we could keep it as debate and not insults :roll:

The old "people are entitled to the own opinions" thing is used to excuse all sorts of bollocks.
This is an Eisteddford FFS! The one time that Welsh culture and heritage is celebrated in its own right and some idiots are complaining that they speak Welsh there.

Come on! It's a bit like turning up to a pride festival and complaining that it's full of gays. If you don't like it, you don't have to visit it. You know what you're getting, and attendance is not compulsory. I'm planning on visiting it and I shan't care how many Welsh speakers are there or what some ridiculous miserable sods on this board think.
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 831
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Cardiff Bay Beach

PostMon Jul 30, 2018 1:06 am

Simon__200 wrote:
paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:
Cen wrote:Please stop.


yep this is going nowhere good :cry: obviously and quite rightly people have strong opinions on such matters as the Welsh language - Perhaps a new thread could be started? (but alas it will probably end in insults again). There's no great solution to this folks, as people are entitled to their own opinions - but if only we could keep it as debate and not insults :roll:

The old "people are entitled to the own opinions" thing is used to excuse all sorts of bollocks.
This is an Eisteddford FFS! The one time that Welsh culture and heritage is celebrated in its own right and some idiots are complaining that they speak Welsh there.

Come on! It's a bit like turning up to a pride festival and complaining that it's full of gays. If you don't like it, you don't have to visit it. You know what you're getting, and attendance is not compulsory. I'm planning on visiting it and I shan't care how many Welsh speakers are there or what some ridiculous miserable sods on this board think.


I'm not disagreeing with you - I think that the Eisteddfod being here is great and a celebration of Welsh culture and the Welsh language. I'm not a Welsh speaker but my daughter is (her school is Glantaf). I hope it's a great success and I'm sure it will be! I think that it's justifiably displaced the Cardiff Bay beach this year (attempt to get us back on topic!! ;) ) My only point I try to make is that issues that throw up a discussion about the Welsh language on here should be done without contributors hurling insults - when that's done the 'hurler' loses any point they are trying to make in my book. Still that's forums for you eh!
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Lewisbeecham and 8 guests