It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:36 am

Cardiff's skyline, and the best places to view it

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Ash

Re: Cardiff's skyline, and the best places to view it

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 8:50 am

What ever, dude.

Mr Blue Sky

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 10:00 am

Ash wrote:What ever, dude.

I hate to quibble but shouldn’t you have replied “whatever, dude”?

DavidH71

PostThu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 pm

I never realised castles could be so controversial! I'm not sure that the city walls of York and Chester can be considered part of a castle, but they are still splendid things to visit. I always enjoyed the way that the railway cuts straight through the Chester wall - the Victorians could be very unsentimental about historic buildings sometimes, but fortunately they were much kinder to Cardiff.

Mr Blue Sky

PostFri Apr 19, 2019 11:12 am

DavidH71 wrote:I never realised castles could be so controversial! I'm not sure that the city walls of York and Chester can be considered part of a castle, but they are still splendid things to visit. I always enjoyed the way that the railway cuts straight through the Chester wall - the Victorians could be very unsentimental about historic buildings sometimes, but fortunately they were much kinder to Cardiff.

I never wrote that the city walls were part of a castle, only that York has a well-preserved castle in its centre. For some reason Ash decided to agitate against this fact. You wrote that as far as you knew only Edinburgh and Cardiff have well-preserved city centre castles and I merely pointed out that York, Newcastle, Nottingham and London do too.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum