It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:07 pm

Metro

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Frank

Re: Metro

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 7:41 pm

Are they basically a lobby for the big city councils? I can't believe the gullibility of some London politicians in thinking HS2 must be good for the north because the head of Manchester city council is really keen on it! I'm not aware of great regional disparities in France, Italy is very long-standing though and Spain has hardly been much of a model example until recent years.

RandomComment

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 10:23 pm

Zach

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 10:51 pm

"Eurostat" a mouth piece to spend mine and your money to tell us what we should think, 1984 come true!

Vote to leave the money wasting B*st*rds :mrgreen:

RandomComment

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 11:45 pm

I'm hoping that is an attempt at irony/sarcasm...

I'm almost tempted to start a Referendum thread on this. I think a vote to leave would be a very bad decision for the UK and especially Wales, leading us poorer through reduced trade and FDI, and a more insular and closed country. And I'm embarrassed that the part of Wales I'm from, the Valleys, looks likely to be one of the bastions of Brexit, largely motivated by a general malaise and anti-immigrant feelings. Its all rather ironic given EU funding and the fact the Valleys have some of the lowest immigrant populations of anywhere in the UK.

Ash

PostThu Jun 09, 2016 12:26 am

RandomComment wrote: I'm almost tempted to start a Referendum thread on this.

I think there's a self-denying ordinance that none of us do that. It could get very nasty for no real benefit.

PS I agree with you.

wizard

PostThu Jun 09, 2016 12:51 am

" PS I agree with you"

Moi aussi.

Lyndon

PostThu Jun 09, 2016 7:53 am

RandomComment wrote:I'm hoping that is an attempt at irony/sarcasm...

I'm almost tempted to start a Referendum thread on this. I think a vote to leave would be a very bad decision for the UK and especially Wales, leading us poorer through reduced trade and FDI, and a more insular and closed country. And I'm embarrassed that the part of Wales I'm from, the Valleys, looks likely to be one of the bastions of Brexit, largely motivated by a general malaise and anti-immigrant feelings. Its all rather ironic given EU funding and the fact the Valleys have some of the lowest immigrant populations of anywhere in the UK.

I think it is ironic that we are avoiding discussing the single biggest issue that could affect the Cardiff and Wales economy over the next several decades.

(I agree with you, needless to say).

jonbvn

PostThu Jun 09, 2016 9:20 am

RandomComment wrote:And I'm embarrassed that the part of Wales I'm from, the Valleys, looks likely to be one of the bastions of Brexit, largely motivated by a general malaise and anti-immigrant feelings. Its all rather ironic given EU funding and the fact the Valleys have some of the lowest immigrant populations of anywhere in the UK.

I think a lot of these voters feel that they are voting "against" the establishment.

Personally, I am undecided.

Frank

PostThu Jun 09, 2016 10:46 am

I am not enamoured by the EU debate. That said what is dictating the approach by both sides? Presumably focus groups pointing out what people respond well to. In that sense maybe we need to ask a few more questions about ourselves as an electorate and what we want. The EU is obviously in real trouble and I'm bewildered by the complacency of the political elites on the continent. I don't really see how we are likely to be better off leaving though. Rather like the Scottish referendum maybe people just want something to feel optimistic about but they might change their mind when it materialises.

wizard

PostFri Jun 10, 2016 11:52 pm

OMG, I've been a fool about my voting intentions regarding the EU referendum. I should have opened my eyes more when I was in Germany last month and seen that it was actually experiencing catastrophic financial ruin.

I'm so glad that I managed to read the REAL TRUTH in this Express article (and associated reader comments) from a few months back before I put an X on the ballot paper.

Thank God it's not too late to act before we go down with this undemocratic and unelected NWO ticking economic time bomb.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/636097/France-declares-state-of-economic-emergency-unemployment

Let's TAKE BACK CONTROL people. :o
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum