It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:40 am


Metro

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

solaris

  • Posts: 38
  • Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:43 pm

Re: Metro

PostTue Jan 02, 2018 12:58 pm

All bids submitted in late December 2017 (see press, WG and TfW tweets) .....need time for TfW to assess bids and then some time to contractualise with preferred bidder. With a bit of luck new operator will be announced in the summer...
Offline
User avatar

Kyle

  • Posts: 797
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Metro

PostTue Jan 02, 2018 1:04 pm

solaris wrote:All bids submitted in late December 2017 (see press, WG and TfW tweets) .....need time for TfW to assess bids and then some time to contractualise with preferred bidder. With a bit of luck new operator will be announced in the summer...


Thanks
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 848
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Metro

PostTue Jan 02, 2018 3:33 pm

I'm sure plenty is going on behind the scenes and it sounds like when the operator is decided (this summer) we can start gaining info on plans and timescales and all tying in with new bus station. By the end of 2018 this city should have moved forward in a number of significant ways that us mere mortals are not even aware of yet!! :)
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
Offline
User avatar

Msmurf

  • Posts: 124
  • Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:21 am

Re: Metro

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 2:59 am

I have a friend involved in tender review process...but information is very tightly controlled. I was hoping for a few juicy leaks ...but nothing. Very frustrating.
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.
Online

jonbvn

  • Posts: 127
  • Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Metro

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 7:15 am

paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:By the end of 2018 this city should have moved forward in a number of significant ways that us mere mortals are not even aware of yet!! :)


As users of the new bus station and metro us "mere mortals" should be fully appraised of what is happening. Given the shambles with the bus station I am not optimistic that vested interests coupled with incompetent governance will not conspire to screw this up.
Offline
User avatar

Kyle

  • Posts: 797
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Metro

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 7:41 am

jonbvn wrote:
paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:By the end of 2018 this city should have moved forward in a number of significant ways that us mere mortals are not even aware of yet!! :)


As users of the new bus station and metro us "mere mortals" should be fully appraised of what is happening. Given the shambles with the bus station I am not optimistic that vested interests coupled with incompetent governance will not conspire to screw this up.


I don't think there's much to tell us if they are at final bid review stage, they've received the final bids of the remaining organisations and are currently reviewing them.

If it's anything like the bids I've been involved in (at least in part) as an employee of suppliers to big IT programmes each of the organisations will have delivered a proposal for how they'll deliver the service based on the government tender requirements, which will be commercially sensitive to them as an organisation, so no real details can be shared until a preferred bidder is selected because they are just proposals that the government have to digest to see if they are acceptable or not. Even then I would have thought that nothing, or at least very little, could be shared until contracts are signed, and that often takes a few months after preferred bidder selection.

Mark/Solaris, is that about where we're at with this?
Online

jonbvn

  • Posts: 127
  • Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Metro

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 11:33 am

Kyle wrote:
jonbvn wrote:
paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:By the end of 2018 this city should have moved forward in a number of significant ways that us mere mortals are not even aware of yet!! :)


As users of the new bus station and metro us "mere mortals" should be fully appraised of what is happening. Given the shambles with the bus station I am not optimistic that vested interests coupled with incompetent governance will not conspire to screw this up.


I don't think there's much to tell us if they are at final bid review stage, they've received the final bids of the remaining organisations and are currently reviewing them.

If it's anything like the bids I've been involved in (at least in part) as an employee of suppliers to big IT programmes each of the organisations will have delivered a proposal for how they'll deliver the service based on the government tender requirements, which will be commercially sensitive to them as an organisation, so no real details can be shared until a preferred bidder is selected because they are just proposals that the government have to digest to see if they are acceptable or not. Even then I would have thought that nothing, or at least very little, could be shared until contracts are signed, and that often takes a few months after preferred bidder selection.

Mark/Solaris, is that about where we're at with this?


I wasn't suggesting that Joe public be involved in the tender appraisal process. However, it is important that the public (Metro users) have some input into what is finally delivered. The bus station has been a case study on what should NOT happen.
Offline

Bluegazza

  • Posts: 45
  • Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Re: Metro

PostMon Jan 08, 2018 5:25 pm

The new train making factory that will be the size of two rugby pitches

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... p_AppShare

Intresting article trams for the metro?
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 848
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Metro

PostTue Jan 09, 2018 1:49 am

Well thats very good news and yes Perhaps some connection with our regions metro plans?
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
Offline
User avatar

Msmurf

  • Posts: 124
  • Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:21 am

Re: Metro

PostTue Jan 09, 2018 7:07 am

Call me cynical, but I suspect that the only connection with this factory we will see, will be that new Rolling Stock will be sent to Manchester, Birmingham etc and we will receive their 10+yr old cast-offs. I will be very happy to be proved wrong
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jonbvn and 11 guests