It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:54 pm


Metro

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Cen

  • Posts: 450
  • Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Re: Metro

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 9:10 am

Sorry but I really don’t see anything wrong with what Zach said here. I think people are now getting pissed off at the idea of Zach rather than the actual content of his posts. There are other posters on this forum that have caused bigger problems recently. Having a go at Paul won’t help either.
Offline
User avatar

Jantra

  • Posts: 1014
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:53 pm
  • Location: Penarth

Re: Metro

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 9:22 am

Baysailor wrote:These days people posting offensive material and their forum moderators/administrators rightly end up in court. What’s interesting here are the photos of construction updates and the findings of people trolling through Cardiff planning submissions. Of no interest are the small number of people who hide behind anonymous posts trying to provoke a reaction.


This

Whilst I do read all the other posts, I tend to take them for what they are, posts on the internet.

As for having a go at Paul, its his site and he can run it as he sees fit. If you take umbrage at what is written here, then maybe you'll find mumsnet is more appropriate.
I'd rather be no one than someone with no one.
Offline
User avatar

Jantra

  • Posts: 1014
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:53 pm
  • Location: Penarth

Re: Metro

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 9:23 am

Cen wrote:Sorry but I really don’t see anything wrong with what Zach said here. I think people are now getting pissed off at the idea of Zach rather than the actual content of his posts. There are other posters on this forum that have caused bigger problems recently. Having a go at Paul won’t help either.


totally agree with this. I used it to get it many years ago for simply posting in a relatively contrarian style. We need posters like Zach, if anything he makes me look quite intelligent so he has to stay
I'd rather be no one than someone with no one.
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 616
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Metro

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 10:39 am

Jantra wrote:
Cen wrote:Sorry but I really don’t see anything wrong with what Zach said here. I think people are now getting pissed off at the idea of Zach rather than the actual content of his posts. There are other posters on this forum that have caused bigger problems recently. Having a go at Paul won’t help either.


totally agree with this. I used it to get it many years ago for simply posting in a relatively contrarian style. We need posters like Zach, if anything he makes me look quite intelligent so he has to stay


:lol: Classic!!
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
Offline

Karl

  • Posts: 393
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Re: Metro

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 11:10 am

Jantra wrote:
Cen wrote:Sorry but I really don’t see anything wrong with what Zach said here. I think people are now getting pissed off at the idea of Zach rather than the actual content of his posts. There are other posters on this forum that have caused bigger problems recently. Having a go at Paul won’t help either.


totally agree with this. I used it to get it many years ago for simply posting in a relatively contrarian style. We need posters like Zach, if anything he makes me look quite intelligent so he has to stay


I think thats got to hurt Zach more than anything.
Offline

Victor Clam

  • Posts: 22
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Re: Metro

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 6:04 pm

As somebody who reads a hell of a lot more than I post, I just wanted to add that while I disagree with some of Zach’s posts it doesn’t put me off reading and has never put me off contributing.

Some people are a little too precious! If you don’t agree with something, fine. Challenge it if you like, or otherwise ignore it.

Anyway, seeing as I’m posting I’ll contribute to the topic. I think there’s already a missed opportunity with the metro in terms of the electrification work on the main line. I don’t know how feasible it would have been, but while they’re working on the Mardy Road bridge in Rumney, would it have made sense to keep the parcel of land next to it for a local station? Instead they’re building a couple of houses. This area is crying out for better public transport.
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 616
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Metro

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Victor Clam wrote:As somebody who reads a hell of a lot more than I post, I just wanted to add that while I disagree with some of Zach’s posts it doesn’t put me off reading and has never put me off contributing.

Some people are a little too precious! If you don’t agree with something, fine. Challenge it if you like, or otherwise ignore it.

Anyway, seeing as I’m posting I’ll contribute to the topic. I think there’s already a missed opportunity with the metro in terms of the electrification work on the main line. I don’t know how feasible it would have been, but while they’re working on the Mardy Road bridge in Rumney, would it have made sense to keep the parcel of land next to it for a local station? Instead they’re building a couple of houses. This area is crying out for better public transport.



In a nutshell! and thanks for posting


anyway don't want to lose the thread of your metro contribution so here it is again...



Anyway, seeing as I’m posting I’ll contribute to the topic. I think there’s already a missed opportunity with the metro in terms of the electrification work on the main line. I don’t know how feasible it would have been, but while they’re working on the Mardy Road bridge in Rumney, would it have made sense to keep the parcel of land next to it for a local station? Instead they’re building a couple of houses. This area is crying out for better public transport.

.
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
Offline
User avatar

Zach

  • Posts: 548
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Re: Metro

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 7:49 pm

I work away from home so don't always look at this forum and hate typing on tiny phone. When I justsaw my name in vain again I was shocked that some taken offence. Yes I know MTR is well known outside the UK. I used it myself in Hong Kong a few weeks ago! But all 3 are not well known names to the man in the street in Wales. I predict the train franchise not ending well unless the WAG ups the subsidy.
If some have taken offence I do feel real pity for you and maybe you need to get out more and stop talking to clones on your own closed social media groups.
Offline

penarth bloke

  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:10 am

Re: Metro

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 8:34 pm

On the subject of Mardy Road bridge, yes it seems to be a lost opportunity, but with imagination, there are other locations where stations could be built. I hope everyone would agree that the Metro would benefit South East Wales as a whole.
Offline

Simon__200

  • Posts: 147
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Re: Metro

PostThu Nov 02, 2017 11:38 am

penarth bloke wrote:On the subject of Mardy Road bridge, yes it seems to be a lost opportunity, but with imagination, there are other locations where stations could be built. I hope everyone would agree that the Metro would benefit South East Wales as a whole.


But they're not building them either at the moment. Whole project at the moment just feels like hot air. If they were serious about this, there'd be stuff happening in parallel as the OP stated.

Take a look at the plans to develop the area between Fairwater and St. Fagans. Why not get the rail infrastructure sorted out before the houses go up? It's nigh on impossible to crow bar it in once you have the buildings in situ. Yet there are no Metro plans at all for this area.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 7 guests