It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:50 am

Metro

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Lyndon

Re: Metro

PostMon Oct 30, 2017 7:59 pm

Zach wrote:This does not bode well, when the incumbent operator is not interested in continuing with the bidding.
I can see the WAG operating a Train Franchise/Metro as well as an Airport.

Remaining bidders are the well known ones! Abellio, KeolisAmey and MTR :cry:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic there, but all those three are big, well-known international public transport operators. MTR in particular makes Arriva look like a minnow.

General consensus seems to be that Arriva knew they had no chance on the bid and pulled out to save face.

Cwlcymro

PostMon Oct 30, 2017 9:33 pm

Zach wrote:Remaining bidders are the well known ones! Abellio, KeolisAmey and MTR :cry:

MRT being the company that runs the Hong Kong public transport system, one of the most profitable in the world that has a 99.9% train on time record. The same company that runs Melbourne metro and trains in Sydney, plus much of Beijing's metro and most of Stockholms. Pretty sure they do Crossrail in England.

When it comes to public transport companies, MRT is by far one of the most biggest around

Simon__200

PostTue Oct 31, 2017 9:39 am

"Most biggest"? Is that a Trumpism?
Surely you mean "more bigly"?

Simon_SW17

PostTue Oct 31, 2017 11:55 am

I imagine Arriva weren't keen on the investment that will be required in the franchise, they haven't exactly splashed the cash in the current one. Transport for Wales will be loading a large amount of development work onto the new incumbent.

Mr Blue Sky

PostTue Oct 31, 2017 1:02 pm

Simon__200 wrote:"Most biggest"? Is that a Trumpism?
Surely you mean "more bigly"?

No the choice is “biggester” or “biggerest”. OED prefers the latter.

Msmurf

PostTue Oct 31, 2017 2:23 pm

I think that this is excellent news. Arriva have shown no interest in investment and better that we start with new franchisee and hold them to their service performance targets.

Incidentally, MTR are officially Mahoosive.
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.

Ash

PostTue Oct 31, 2017 10:28 pm

1. Zach say something stupid or offensive.
2. People correct him or call him out.
3. Zach shuts up.
4. Zach say something stupid or offensive.
5. Cycle repeats.

This why so many of us don't contribute any more.

Mathew5

PostTue Oct 31, 2017 10:36 pm

Ash wrote:1. Zach say something stupid or offensive.
3. Zach shuts up.
5. Cycle repeats.

Yep. This forum used to be a flurry of activity but he has spoiled it for everyone and Paul the moderator is too toothless to do anything about him.

Admin Paul

Site Admin

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 12:01 am

Mathew5 wrote:
Ash wrote:1. Zach say something stupid or offensive.
3. Zach shuts up.
5. Cycle repeats.

Yep. This forum used to be a flurry of activity but he has spoiled it for everyone and Paul the moderator is too toothless to do anything about him.

I don't consider myself 'a moderator' it just happens to be my forum - Your post has pissed me off more than any of Zach's, so toothless Paul is slinging your hook - tara!!!

Look I do this forum as a labour of love for developments in this fine city that I love - I don't dedicate my time to policing posts that may annoy people - I'm sorry for that, but I think people can be a little fragile just because they know someone is coming from a different place than them. If people want to leave and make this place quieter then they are perfectly entitled to do so. I was having a great night too - having just seen my team win 3-1!! Que sera sera

Baysailor

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 8:59 am

These days people posting offensive material and their forum moderators/administrators rightly end up in court. What’s interesting here are the photos of construction updates and the findings of people trolling through Cardiff planning submissions. Of no interest are the small number of people who hide behind anonymous posts trying to provoke a reaction.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum