It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:20 am


Metro

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Cen

  • Posts: 441
  • Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:10 pm

Re: Metro

PostWed May 17, 2017 7:43 pm

:lol:
Offline

NorthCityBoy

  • Posts: 17
  • Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:42 am

Re: Metro

PostWed May 17, 2017 9:23 pm

Mathew5 wrote:[img]url=https://postimg.org/image/ijcoiyoyx/][img]https://s4.postimg.org/ijcoiyoyx/IMG_5590.jpg[/img][/url]

Image


free photo hosting[/img]


Wow, what a bench! First the new tower on Newport Road and now this. Can this day get any better? You'll be telling me they're reversing brexit next.
Offline
User avatar

Zach

  • Posts: 526
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Re: Metro

PostMon Aug 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Talk about the Metro being delayed due to "devolution" arguments with the new rail franchise.
I reckon any excuse will be used to delay it and to delay the cost in the current economic climate.

A transport expert on this morning on Radio Wales says, it stems from Wales having a single rail franchise held by the WAG rather than as it should have; 3 separate franchises. North, Mid and South. each connecting with the adjoining regions in England where people actually travel.

Another reason why devolution in Wales does not work, especially when each Government is of a different hue.
North Wales have more in common with Merseyside/Manchester than Cardiff. Fact.
Offline
User avatar

Msmurf

  • Posts: 44
  • Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:21 am

Re: Metro

PostMon Aug 14, 2017 5:36 pm

Zach wrote:Talk about the Metro being delayed due to "devolution" arguments with the new rail franchise.
I reckon any excuse will be used to delay it and the delay the cost in current economic climate.

A transport expert on this morning on Radio Wales says, it stems from Wales having a single rail franchise held by the WAG rather than as it should have; 3 separate franchises. North, Mid and South. each connecting with the adjoining regions in England where people actually travel.

Another reason why devolution in Wales does not work, especially when each Government is of a different hue.
North Wales have more in common with Merseyside/Manchester than Cardiff. Fact.


There are three transport corridors - but that doesn't mean it needs three separate franchises - take a look the various franchise areas in England - they all cover more than one line or groups of lines.

Your comment about devolution just shows your prejudices and anti-Wales bias. FACT.
Build it and they will come.
Get it wrong and they will fall off.
Offline
User avatar

Zach

  • Posts: 526
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Re: Metro

PostMon Aug 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Your comment about devolution just shows your prejudices and anti-Wales bias. FACT.


That wasn't my quote it was a transport expert, why then do the WAG hold the franchise, if not for political reasons?
If devolution is so great how come transport, education and health are all at the bottom of the UK league tables.

I would be so, so pro-devolution if I saw real improvements, instead of subsidies being shovelled into a black hole, while day to day services decline and the respective Governments argue about whose fault it is.
Offline

Simon__200

  • Posts: 129
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Re: Metro

PostMon Aug 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Zach wrote:That wasn't my quote it was a transport expert, why then do the WAG hold the franchise, if not for political reasons?
If devolution is so great how come transport, education and health are all at the bottom of the UK league tables.

That's not a valid argument. You'd have to show that the reason they're in the position at all is related to devolution, and unless you can show this, your point is completely bogus. How do you know that education, transport & health wouldn't be in an even worse state if it wasn't for devolution?
Offline

Mathew5

  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Metro

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 9:41 am

Don't waste your breath. People like Zach aren't bright enough to understand the difference between devolution and a Welsh Labour Government.

As for the Metro, I can't see it happening now.
Offline
User avatar

Jantra

  • Posts: 967
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:53 pm
  • Location: Penarth

Re: Metro

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Simon__200 wrote:
Zach wrote:That wasn't my quote it was a transport expert, why then do the WAG hold the franchise, if not for political reasons?
If devolution is so great how come transport, education and health are all at the bottom of the UK league tables.

That's not a valid argument. You'd have to show that the reason they're in the position at all is related to devolution, and unless you can show this, your point is completely bogus. How do you know that education, transport & health wouldn't be in an even worse state if it wasn't for devolution?

That's a pitiful attempt as justifying devolution. We wanted to be masters of our own destiny and now we are. Things have gotten worse not better.
I'd rather be no one than someone with no one.
Offline
User avatar

Jantra

  • Posts: 967
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:53 pm
  • Location: Penarth

Re: Metro

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Mathew5 wrote:Don't waste your breath. People like Zach aren't bright enough to understand the difference between devolution and a Welsh Labour Government.

As for the Metro, I can't see it happening now.

Let me guess - plaid are the way forward. Replace one set of left wing dreamers with another
I'd rather be no one than someone with no one.
Offline

Mathew5

  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:21 am

Re: Metro

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 12:33 pm

Wrong, Jantra.

The only way forward is to bridge the gap between Plaid and the Tories.

Some of us are Welsh nationalists but can't stand socialism. How can I vote for a unionist party that doesn't take Wales seriously? I can't. But neither can I vote for Leanne Wood and co.

We need a new national party in Wales that simultaneously rejects socialism and Westminster.

Anyone on board?
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], LocalLurker and 6 guests

cron