It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:18 pm

What the hell is this about?

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Ash

What the hell is this about?

PostThu Feb 14, 2019 10:08 pm

It appears from this that the council intends to 'dispose' of land in two Cardiff parks. What sort of public notice says that you can only find out what's intended by phoning the council? This look very dodgy to me.

Kyle

Re: What the hell is this about?

PostFri Feb 15, 2019 11:32 am

That does look worrying!

Mr Blue Sky

PostFri Feb 15, 2019 12:47 pm

I agree it doesn’t look good but I have done a quick calculation and Grange Gardens is about 130,000 square feet and Alexandra Gardens is around 350,000 square feet, so the loss of any green space would represent about 5-10% of each park. Given that covenants prevent commercial or residential development in the Civic Centre I cant see how the space could be developed for anything other than leisure or education. As for Grange Gardens, this could be terrible news for Grangetown if it lost any portion of the park.

Bishop84

PostFri Feb 15, 2019 10:15 pm

Apparently the areas are being protected as 'Centenary Fields' due to the war memorials in partnership with 'Fields In Trust' and The Royal British Legion. This means the council are technically disposing of the sites but it is for protection and not for development. The Council press release concerning this is at : https://www.cardiffnewsroom.co.uk/relea ... 20933.html

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum