It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:25 pm


Callaghan Square

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Bishop84

  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Re: Callaghan Square

PostFri Oct 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Rhodri wrote:Heavy machinery at CS. Located in the barren wedge. Also work seems to be ongoing at the John St site at the end furthest from railway line.


IIRC the John Street work is the realingment of the road to accomodate the proposed development.
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 913
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Callaghan Square

PostTue Jan 29, 2019 6:21 pm

Something appears to be afoot at John St! The site in front of the arches which is the Northern plot has been cleared and also trees chopped down. Looking likely that this https://planning.cardiff.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=_CARDIFF_DCAPR_121801 is going to start ;)
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
Offline

DaveE

  • Posts: 29
  • Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:51 pm

Re: Callaghan Square

PostFri Feb 08, 2019 7:08 pm

I was at the Radisson today and spotted someone in a high vis jacket walking around the Custom House tower site, perhaps a bit too early to get excited!

Whilst there I found out that groundwork’s are starting on John Street, early days setting out, etc. A friends partner is working there at the moment for JRSmart getting things ready to begin.
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 913
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Callaghan Square

PostSat Feb 09, 2019 2:00 am

DaveE wrote:I was at the Radisson today and spotted someone in a high vis jacket walking around the Custom House tower site, perhaps a bit too early to get excited!

Whilst there I found out that groundwork’s are starting on John Street, early days setting out, etc. A friends partner is working there at the moment for JRSmart getting things ready to begin.


It certainly looks like the John Street site is being cleared for that development to proceed. I would love to think that would be both the north and south but we may find that it's the south first.
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
Offline
User avatar

Kyle

  • Posts: 865
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Callaghan Square

PostSat Feb 09, 2019 5:44 am

Only the first phase, the south, has detailed planning permission Paul I think.

The second phase only went in for outline permission.
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 913
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: Callaghan Square

PostSat Feb 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Kyle wrote:Only the first phase, the south, has detailed planning permission Paul I think.

The second phase only went in for outline permission.


Yes that certainly seems to be the case - and I'm pleased that at last we are getting something new for callaghan sq. But it always bugs me that '2nd phases' are always the more interesting ones :lol: that we have to wait for and sometimes don't materialise!! :| Still all things considered I think this is great news! and if that last plot at Cap Qtr gets underway then even better!!
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
Offline
User avatar

Kyle

  • Posts: 865
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Callaghan Square

PostSat Feb 09, 2019 5:20 pm

paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:
Kyle wrote:Only the first phase, the south, has detailed planning permission Paul I think.

The second phase only went in for outline permission.


Yes that certainly seems to be the case - and I'm pleased that at last we are getting something new for callaghan sq. But it always bugs me that '2nd phases' are always the more interesting ones :lol: that we have to wait for and sometimes don't materialise!! :| Still all things considered I think this is great news! and if that last plot at Cap Qtr gets underway then even better!!


The first phase is a fair size office for Cardiff, 9 floors high and looks decent.

I'm trying not to think of the second phase too much right now though. J R Smart so often sell on plots and change planning permission that it could be anything ! It depends on finding a hotel operator as well. It wouldn't shock me if it ends up being another private rental scheme, likewise the Hope Street tower plot.
Offline

Owen

  • Posts: 68
  • Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:01 pm

Re: Callaghan Square

PostSun Feb 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Kyle wrote:
paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:
Kyle wrote:Only the first phase, the south, has detailed planning permission Paul I think.

The second phase only went in for outline permission.


Yes that certainly seems to be the case - and I'm pleased that at last we are getting something new for callaghan sq. But it always bugs me that '2nd phases' are always the more interesting ones :lol: that we have to wait for and sometimes don't materialise!! :| Still all things considered I think this is great news! and if that last plot at Cap Qtr gets underway then even better!!


The first phase is a fair size office for Cardiff, 9 floors high and looks decent.

I'm trying not to think of the second phase too much right now though. J R Smart so often sell on plots and change planning permission that it could be anything ! It depends on finding a hotel operator as well. It wouldn't shock me if it ends up being another private rental scheme, likewise the Hope Street tower plot.


https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wale ... w-15708589
This article has the last plot at capital quarter - the rental tower - starting in Spring 19
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amoore, Google [Bot], Msmurf and 9 guests