It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

Central Bus Station

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Kyle

Central Bus Station

PostTue Aug 12, 2014 12:07 pm

I'm a bit confused.

Why is the council wasting people's time with this when Network Rail have openly said they would prefer the Marland House site is used because they have plans for the site they own south of Central Station.

Are they just pretending to humour people or are they really that stupid ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/your-say-plans-new-bus-7597261#.U-nscBujwnc.twitter

Jantra

Re: Central Bus Station

PostTue Aug 12, 2014 12:20 pm

this is the state, common sense is not allowed as rules have to be adhered to and processes followed. We all know its daft but seemingly there is nothing the council can do as they have to follow the rules

Kyle

PostTue Aug 12, 2014 12:30 pm

Jantra wrote:this is the state, common sense is not allowed as rules have to be adhered to and processes followed. We all know its daft but seemingly there is nothing the council can do as they have to follow the rules

Some of the other questions on the survey are just as stupid. If everyone that bothers to answer it states that toilets aren't important are they not going to bother with either ?

The rules and the processes need changing if they are forced into these situations when the most sensible option is stands out like a sore thumb. Why would Network Rail sell it to them when they clearly want to make money out of that site to partly fund the enhancements at Central Station in a few years.

Bonkers. I despair of local councils.

Neil

PostTue Aug 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Just completed my survey and don't worry, I've said 'North' and 'Toilets' are very important!

Kyle

PostTue Aug 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Neil wrote:Just completed my survey and don't worry, I've said 'North' and 'Toilets' are very important!

:D

redragon

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 6:29 pm

Have a look at the weekly list of planning applications submitted to the council - whilst the BBC Scoping Opinion which is shown on there is not a planning application, there's a lot of detail about what's happening with regard to the BBC and surrounding square, including a masterplan which shows the bus station on the north side...

dave

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 7:25 pm

how big ia plot two, 14,000 sq ft and how many companies can fill it, is it a huge development? should a bigger building not be built? needs more like double that?

dave

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 7:28 pm

looking at the master plan, what would people lie to see in the other plots?

The Untouchable One

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 8:02 pm

I think the bus station on the north side is all but a given, the council are just going through the motions of 'democracy'. Hopefully Network Rail's plans for Central Station can be accommodated in a masterplan sooner rather than later too 8-)
The artist formerly known as Commuter87

SirBlah

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 8:57 pm

I hope that the bus station will be integrated into the redeveloped & extended railway station, so that you can go from one to another without having to go outside.
Next

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum