It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:59 am

Cardiff Pointe

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

LocalResident

Cardiff Pointe

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 9:03 am

I heard a worrying rumour that the company behind Cardiff Pointe had gone bust, and work had stopped on the project.

Anyone else heard anything?
This was a "I had heard from a mate of a mate" type discussion, so hopefully its just gossip/incorrect. But I did notice the cranes disappeared a few weeks ago, and progress appears to have slowed a lot (if not stopped completely).

If it is true and it's the Greenbank Partnership that has financial problems I guess this will affect the completion of the ice arena as well.

Kyle

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 9:34 am

LocalResident wrote:I heard a worrying rumour that the company behind Cardiff Pointe had gone bust, and work had stopped on the project.

Anyone else heard anything?
This was a "I had heard from a mate of a mate" type discussion, so hopefully its just gossip/incorrect. But I did notice the cranes disappeared a few weeks ago, and progress appears to have slowed a lot (if not stopped completely).

If it is true and it's the Greenbank Partnership that has financial problems I guess this will affect the completion of the ice arena as well.

Not that this guarantees anything but their Twitter account is still active, or certainly was 6 days ago and on the 31st there was something about part exchanges mentioned. There were also some updates to their website on the 31st on the news page.

Jantra

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 10:19 am

on my morning run I passed the site and there were plenty of people working there. They were wearing hard hats with the word 'repo' on it, must be the new contracting firm

:mrgreen:

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum