It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:19 pm

Central Square Plot 5

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Jexeter

Re: Central Square Plot 5

PostMon Jun 05, 2023 10:25 pm

Finally taking Wales' tallest back off of Swansea! And also finally surpassing 100m. By a whole 13m as well, certainly not a half-arsed attempt.

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 12:40 pm

Yes that crossed my mind also! :) if we could just win on the pitch now!! actually whenever Cardiff City look like they may have a winning edge the Swans come up with something to scupper hopes, therefore expect the announcement of a 150metre tower in Swansea soon! I don't know, New York v Chicago aint got nothing on the s. wales high rise rivalry :lol:
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

jacobfox

PostThu Jun 08, 2023 6:10 pm

If you look at the plot 5 recent posts you can see what it will look like from different parts of Cardiff once complete. looks pretty impressive in scale for Cardiff. Around page 28 of the most recent article on the gov website

MattW

PostFri Jun 09, 2023 12:19 pm

Permission granted at planning committee earlier today, subject to a S106 agreement.

jones4891

PostFri Jun 09, 2023 1:02 pm

jacobfox wrote:If you look at the plot 5 recent posts you can see what it will look like from different parts of Cardiff once complete. looks pretty impressive in scale for Cardiff. Around page 28 of the most recent article on the gov website

Got a link? Can't work out how to navigate the planning portal for love nor money!

oldishDevil

PostFri Jun 09, 2023 4:57 pm

A bit of extra height compared to before.
Around 20m more than the usual 80 to 90 range for Cardiff
Quite a bit taller than the 90m stadium masts as well.
I'm not getting too hopeful though, after Bayscape, Custom House St, the "mini Manhattan" in Cardiff Bay...
Not to mention the immortal Glass Needle - the building that inspired Paul to start this forum in the first place I believe.

jacobfox

PostSun Jun 11, 2023 4:10 pm

jones4891 wrote:
jacobfox wrote:If you look at the plot 5 recent posts you can see what it will look like from different parts of Cardiff once complete. looks pretty impressive in scale for Cardiff. Around page 28 of the most recent article on the gov website

Got a link? Can't work out how to navigate the planning portal for love nor money!

Yeah sorry here's the pics

https://www.cardiffidoxcloud.wales/publ ... 853951.pdf

page 28 onwards
also Paul. I don't know if you want to upload them to your flickr?

And on another note. I wonder if Walesonline journalists prowl this page looking for somthing call "MASSIVE, GIGANTIC, HUGE"?

oldishDevil

PostSun Oct 22, 2023 3:53 pm

I like the design, but a bit taller would have been even better.
It reminds me of 277 park avenue nyc, but more rectangular.
Maybe they could split it in 2, and put one half on top of the other to give us a 200m tower.
WalesOnline would need new vocabulary to describe it, like "GARGANTUAN" OR "COLOSSAL".

jacobfox

PostThu Jan 11, 2024 4:48 pm

Info on plot 5, I spoke with the building manager of wood st house and apparently they've been getting alot of secret shoppers from the people who will run plot 5. I also have a view of the plot from above and it seems to just be a storage yard for other work. Anyone have any information on plot 5? Would they start pilling and using the equipment on the site?

Kyle

PostThu Jan 11, 2024 5:36 pm

jacobfox wrote:Info on plot 5, I spoke with the building manager of wood st house and apparently they've been getting alot of secret shoppers from the people who will run plot 5. I also have a view of the plot from above and it seems to just be a storage yard for other work. Anyone have any information on plot 5? Would they start pilling and using the equipment on the site?

What other work is happening that needs storage I wonder? All that is left is bus station fit out and this plot.

Have they found someone to forward fund the building or to own it? Last thing I remember is this

https://www.insidermedia.com/news/wales ... in-cardiff
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum