It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:16 am

Carwyn the Caring

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Carwyn the Caring

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 11:06 am

seems to be a lot happier attending football matches that don't make announcements in Welsh compared to train stations that don't. Not one complaint from our First Minister regarding regarding the lack of Welsh at the SuperCup held at the CCS. It's almost as if he doesn't want to appear parochial to the international press. fancy that, double standards from our first minister, who'd have thought...

:mrgreen:

SPACCI

Re: Carwyn the Caring

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 11:41 am

As the signs to Central Station were in Welsh and Spanish I'm sure he didn't mind.

Jantra

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 12:57 pm

SPACCI wrote:As the signs to Central Station were in Welsh and Spanish I'm sure he didn't mind.

just for clarification purposes, were the signs to the Tafwyl in Welsh and English when he vented his spleen at ATW?

SPACCI

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Don't remember but there were plenty of non-Welsj speakers there too

Jantra

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 2:18 pm

SPACCI wrote:Don't remember but there were plenty of non-Welsj speakers there too

I see, so when there are Welsh signs Carwyn becomes apoplectic with rage and when there are Welsh signs Carwyn also doesn't become apoplectic with rage. Can you see why this appears inconsistent and quite hypocritical? both cases welsh speakers, both cases welsh and english signs but only in one case does Carwyn vent his spleen.

SPACCI

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 2:32 pm

The reason Carwyn was commenting is because there weren't any Welsh announcements. Nothing about signs. What exactly is your point?

Jantra

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 2:39 pm

SPACCI wrote:The reason Carwyn was commenting is because there weren't any Welsh announcements. Nothing about signs. What exactly is your point?

there weren't any Welsh announcements last night at the SuperCup, which was attended by Carwyn the pushmepullyou. Yet somehow today he has kept quiet rather than follow the approach he adopted after Tafwyl

SPACCI

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 2:46 pm

Seeing as how UEFA doesn't accept any money from the Welsh Government they cannot reprimand them. Their signs around the city, as I stated earlier, were in both Welsh and Spanish.

Jantra

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 2:52 pm

SPACCI wrote:Seeing as how UEFA doesn't accept any money from the Welsh Government they cannot reprimand them. Their signs around the city, as I stated earlier, were in both Welsh and Spanish.

why should that have anything to do with it? either Carwyn is for the Welsh language in such public events or he is not. The event and how it is funded is irrelevant so stop making excuses for the man. Carwyn should be tweeting UEFA today and suggesting that next time they want to hold an event in Wales they commit to using the Welsh language or else they won't be welcomed back. If not then he is not a man of principles.

SPACCI

PostWed Aug 13, 2014 3:09 pm

I'm not making any excuses for Carwyn. The reason why it is relevant is that Arriva trains Wales is there to serve the people of Wales, UEFA doesn't. One of the players was Welsh and he isn't Welsh speaking. Why would he call on them to use the Welsh language or never return to Wales again? That doesn't happen for any other company, if so Saintsbury's wouldn't operate in Wales neither would Brains or it's Coffee #1 chain.
Next

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum