It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:32 pm

Carwyn the Caring

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Zach

Re: Carwyn the Caring

PostThu Aug 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Does anyone seriously think the bilingual announcements are there to communicate with anyone? they are there to make a statement that you are in Wales now boyo!
As I have said before it's like the motorway bilingual learning Welsh signs "Use your Mirrors" "Remember to stay awake" suddenly disappear in Welsh when they actually have something important or urgent to say.
I agree with Jantra, if this match was played in the Basque region do you think they would ignore their own regional language.
Welsh seems to be used when its convenient and then its just for show.

Huw

Re: Carwyn the Caring

PostSun Aug 17, 2014 5:36 pm

I had an argument with our great leader on his facebook page a few months ago( only in Wales! ). He accused me of not being a real person then picked me on my grammar and spelling which I retorted by pointing out his governments wonderful management of our education system which I went through. He then deleted my comments and blocked me unfortunately I didn't take a capture of this but I swear i'm not making this up the man is clearly very petulant by nature I have heard from others who know people who have experience with him that he is very lazy.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum