It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

A Little Lost

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

AlwaysBeBlue

A Little Lost

PostTue Feb 14, 2023 12:17 pm

Hi
I am a little lost on what is actually being built against proposed or on hold.
Am I right in thinking that the Curran Rd tower has the crane up? (Although this does not look 85m)
And I believe there is another that has started and bigger than 85m or am I just in hope land?
Any updates please just so I know where we are

jones4891

Re: A Little Lost

PostWed Feb 15, 2023 12:14 am

Curran Rd has started yes. The crane I'm guessing will be operating in a different way to other tower cranes used for previous tall builds. Either that or another larger crane will be erected later. Dumballs Rd apartments are also being built which will be uo to 17 stories I believe.
There's nothing much else currently being built that's tall, other than finishing touches being put on the towers in Central Square, Capital Quarter and the Premier Inn. There are threads for most buildings under construction both here and on the Cardiff forum of Skyscrapercity.

AlwaysBeBlue

PostWed Feb 15, 2023 1:18 pm

Thank you. For some reason I thought there was another being built taller than 85m and around 90m but maybe that was cancelled

Kyle

PostThu Feb 16, 2023 7:42 am

There's been a start on the Watkin Jomes towers at Central Quay as well. I'm not sure in what order, but one of them looked fairly tall.

Paul will have more of sn idea on that one I think.

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostThu Feb 16, 2023 11:20 am

Well it's my understanding that piling is underway for 2 resi developments that watkin-jones are constructing at central quay between old brewery building and the river. Plot 1 various heights but upto 91m 30floors - Plot 2 various heights upto 64m(ish) 20 floors.
Whilst the curran road tower (gramercy) is already underway - it'll be 85m I 'd be surprised if the plot 1 tower at central quay doesn't overtake it for the claim of Cardiff's tallest!! :)
Incidentally it looks like - further down the line 2 more towers planned for central quay - another the same size as plot 1 and then one on corner with penarth road of 42 storeys! that's 125m ;)
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

AlwaysBeBlue

PostThu Feb 16, 2023 12:30 pm

Thanks all. Looking forward to these and watching progress

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum