It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:46 am

Nato Summit

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Re: Nato Summit

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 12:02 pm

I'm all for the cordon, we now know that the terrorists and real dangers to world peace are all locked away for our own safety.

RandomComment

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 8:38 pm

I hope that the people of Newport and Cardiff are welcoming when the conference is on. There will be 10000 support staff, and thousands of media people. Some of these will also "explore the area" around the conference and this is where the potential for long-term benefits lie. So, despite the disruption and hassle - I hope people retain the Welsh welcome and not the Welsh whinge!

wizard

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 9:10 pm

I'm over in mainland Europe at the moment. I am hearing talk of the forthcoming Cardiff summit from European leaders (eg Kanzlerin Merkel) when they are on the TV and not the Newport summit.

This summit is looking likely to be a defining moment in NATO's history and is likely to lead to a probable cross referencing mention of Cardiff more times on the net over the course of next week than the cumulative total to date. The weather forecast looks reasonably OK as well. Tis ridiculous of me to be focussing on such trivia when set against the threat to Ukraine at the moment, but this is a Cardiff development forum after all.

Where on earth are all the delegates staying? I wish that I could have rented out my pad in the Bay for a few grand to some of the visiting all expenses paid delegates/media....

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 11:57 pm

wizard wrote:I'm over in mainland Europe at the moment. I am hearing talk of the forthcoming Cardiff summit from European leaders (eg Kanzlerin Merkel) when they are on the TV and not the Newport summit.

This summit is looking likely to be a defining moment in NATO's history and is likely to lead to a probable cross referencing mention of Cardiff more times on the net over the course of next week than the cumulative total to date. The weather forecast looks reasonably OK as well. Tis ridiculous of me to be focussing on such trivia when set against the threat to Ukraine at the moment, but this is a Cardiff development forum after all.

Where on earth are all the delegates staying? I wish that I could have rented out my pad in the Bay for a few grand to some of the visiting all expenses paid delegates/media....

The Cardiff Summit eh!! wow they'll be fuming in Newport! Cardiff gets everything, and then Newport actually gets a monster summit and guess what.. Cardiff gets it!!! cheers for that info Wizard :) Oh and if you'd rented your pad out you wouldn't be in mainland europe now but erecting a 10 foot steel fence outside that you'd spend next week patrolling!! so you may as well just have a good time!! oh but fair play on you looking in on us - and no, bayscape hasn't started yet!!
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

wizard

PostThu Sep 04, 2014 4:20 pm

I do like to read this man's blogs!

http://dicmortimer.com/2014/09/03/nato-summit/

Zach

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 10:50 am

I walked into the centre of Cardiff on Thursday evening and apart from the huge police presents it looked like a ghost town, just the drunks on St Mary Street left.

About half of the new LED lights on St Mary Street have now failed, some were just flashing randomly. The place had a very "day after tomorrow" feel about the it.

Talking about lighting, why could someone not have switched on the Circular Lighting installation on top of the BT Building? I know it was turned off last year to save money. No effort was done to make spruce up the centre of Cardiff, all they wanted was the photo op' pictures inside the Castle.

One good thing to come out the Nato shin-dig was that world now thinks Stone-Henge is a two minute drive from South-Wales (which also now consists solely of Cardiff and Newport)

Roll on the Euro football in a few years.....
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum