It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:39 am

Public Sector Hug

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

RandomComment

Public Sector Hug

PostMon Aug 18, 2014 1:44 pm

The council's ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT DIRECTORATE DELIVERY PLAN 2014/15 has some interesting stuff in it. One thing jumped out to me under the objective of delivering 200,000 square feet of office space in the Enterprise zone by 2016 (which looks like it will be achieved if you count capital quarter). It says an objective is to "Progress Public Sector Hub Proposals" with tasks including "Bringing together Government Departmetns in London presentation".

I'm struggling to find much information on this, but a google search suggests this is a term that is being used more frequently in recent years to describe buildings where multiple public sector bodies serving a particular area are based. Sometimes its local health boards, and councils. So is this still about moving the Council headquarters from the Bay to the city centre? Or is it more ambitious given the discussions with the UK departments? e.g. bringing some more shared services to the city with a focus on services for Wales (e.g. HMRC/DWP dealing with Welsh clients).

Jantra

Re: Public Sector Hug

PostMon Aug 18, 2014 1:49 pm

public sector hug

:lol:

I know they are precious little darlings but surely we don't need to give them all a hug

Ash

Re: Public Sector Hug

PostMon Aug 18, 2014 2:43 pm

I think this is very disappointing. Since it's in Wales surely it should be "Public Sector Cwtch". Bloody council.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum