It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:57 pm

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Philnpt

Re: General Developments

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 5:51 am

Rhodri wrote:I have been told an aquarium is one of the things to be considered for the two docks between MQ and Sovereign Quay.

https://ciat.org.uk/awards/at-awards-20 ... rdiff.html
Not much information on it but it looks nice

Thewasp

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 9:03 am

It does indeed look fabulous! Let's hope something like this gets off the ground. Cardiff needs some world class attractions.
Surprised we dont really make the most of Roald Dahl, a museum or interactive facility. He has made some incredible characters which could be really utilised. A Marvellous Medicine room or Witches room. ..

Kyle

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 1:33 pm

Thewasp wrote:It does indeed look fabulous! Let's hope something like this gets off the ground. Cardiff needs some world class attractions.
Surprised we dont really make the most of Roald Dahl, a museum or interactive facility. He has made some incredible characters which could be really utilised. A Marvellous Medicine room or Witches room. ..

There were plans for a massive museum related to him years ago, I think at the site of St David's Hotel. There was going to be a massive BFG in the atrium I think. I can't remember what happened to those plans.

lucky

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 2:27 pm

That aquarium does look nice - but it doesn't look anything like the Graving Docks around it. We really need to start making more use of the derelict land near MQ, including the gap now opened by the loss of the Dr Who exhibition. Both this and the Military Museum could be better placed there, given the space they both need. That would encourage Cardiff Bus to reopen the number 6 route up to the BBC again.
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum