It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:23 am

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

RandomComment

Re: General Developments

PostWed Mar 14, 2018 4:55 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
According to the EJHales listing each floor is 1558 sq feet and there are three floors, making a total area of 4674 sq feet. About twice the size of your average Penarth Edwardian semi or modern detached. This does seem smaller than I’d imagined; where do you get your 16,000 sq feet figure from?

It says "each floor measuring approximately 1,558 sqft (475 sqm)". 475 square metres is more like 5,000 square feet. And just looking at the building, I don't think there is anyway each of those floors is only 1,558 square feet.

The planning app available at:
http://vogonline.planning-register.co.u ... eSupport=1
Also says that the floorspace of the current building is 1493 square metres, which is more like 16,000 square feet.

I do pay attention to what I write and think before I speak, don't you know..

Mr Blue Sky

PostWed Mar 14, 2018 8:14 pm

RandomComment wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:
According to the EJHales listing each floor is 1558 sq feet and there are three floors, making a total area of 4674 sq feet. About twice the size of your average Penarth Edwardian semi or modern detached. This does seem smaller than I’d imagined; where do you get your 16,000 sq feet figure from?

It says "each floor measuring approximately 1,558 sqft (475 sqm)". 475 square metres is more like 5,000 square feet. And just looking at the building, I don't think there is anyway each of those floors is only 1,558 square feet.

The planning app available at:
http://vogonline.planning-register.co.u ... eSupport=1
Also says that the floorspace of the current building is 1493 square metres, which is more like 16,000 square feet.

I do pay attention to what I write and think before I speak, don't you know..

Yes and I believed your figures rather than those on the EJ Hales website.

This could be converted into five 5 bed townhouses but the developer would struggle to make as much money as they would converting to flats imho.

Owen

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 12:22 am

Application for student accommodation on 116-118 City Road has been withdrawn

Lyndon

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 9:09 am

The first of many.

Time to think of something else to build, folks.

Ash

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 9:46 am

I'm think it may be a little premature to call time on the student housing boom.

Back in 2015 a report by accoutants EY estimated that saturation point for purpose-built student accomodation would be reached at 40% of the total student body and estimated that by the end of 2016 the figure would be 34% in Cardiff. I'm guessing that applications approved since 2015 would take us close to 40%.

I suspect we may see new applications drying up but that some or even most of the developments already approved may go ahead.

http://www.ey.com/Publication/vwLUAssets/ey-uk-purpose-built-student-accommodation/$FILE/ey-uk-purpose-built-student-accommodation.pdf

Mr Blue Sky

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Owen wrote:Application for student accommodation on 116-118 City Road has been withdrawn

That’s the Shaam Nights site. Good news.

Shminky Binky

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 2:26 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
Owen wrote:Application for student accommodation on 116-118 City Road has been withdrawn

This is probably the main reason why it was withdrawn. There were a lot of objections to this development.

Ash

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Shminky Binky wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:

This is probably the main reason why it was withdrawn. There were a lot of objections to this development.

Didn't it emerge that the restaurant still had a long lease and were unwilling to surrender it? No point applying for permission if a tenant won't budge. From their website.

Shaam nights restaurant assure our thoughtful and loyal customers that Shaam nights restaurant is still there for next 13/14 years of the remaining period of the lease and not closing as has been misunderstood after the press release made by Wales online news on 9th March 2018

Kyle

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 11:42 am

Any news on the others schemes that were before planning? I know the Howards Gardens one was approved as it's been in Walesonline, but not sure about the Bradley Court one or the two residential developments in the Dumballs Road area.

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Kyle wrote:Any news on the others schemes that were before planning? I know the Howards Gardens one was approved as it's been in Walesonline, but not sure about the Bradley Court one or the two residential developments in the Dumballs Road area.

I know that the tower at crawshay court was approved and pretty sure the other was approved also.

CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum