It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 am

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Kyle

Re: General Developments

PostSat Jul 23, 2022 3:38 pm

More Walesonline tabloid drama :D

Huge? Yeah, compared to a bloody tent :D

Ash

PostSun Jul 24, 2022 5:38 pm

Whales online.

MattW

PostTue Jul 26, 2022 11:21 am

20 flats - huge? :lol:

This is not new anyway, the site had an Outline permission going back to 2007, that was originally for 24 flats.

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostTue Jul 26, 2022 1:22 pm

MattW wrote:20 flats - huge? :lol:

This is not new anyway, the site had an Outline permission going back to 2007, that was originally for 24 flats.

24!!!
That's gigantic, collosal, enormous!!! ;)
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

Simon_SW17

PostSun Oct 09, 2022 2:21 pm

I was home this week and went past City Hall on the bus and noticed that the fountain has gone!

Does anyone know if been temporarily covered or removed completely?

We literally have zero water features in the centre if it has been, not good. Hope H&S hasn't struck again.

Bishop84

PostSun Oct 09, 2022 4:37 pm

Simon_SW17 wrote:I was home this week and went past City Hall on the bus and noticed that the fountain has gone!

We literally have zero water features in the centre if it has been, not good. Hope H&S hasn't struck again.

AFAIK it's been like this for months. I don't think it's to do with H&S and water features as the council are uncovering the Dock Feeder in Churchill Way to make a water feature for the 'Canal Quarter'.

TBH it wasn't much of a water feature and even when it was running always seemed very poor. IIRC it was built to celebrate the investiture of the previous Prince of Wales, now King Charles. Maybe it should be upgraded or replaced with something else?

Simon_SW17

PostSun Oct 09, 2022 5:23 pm

Bishop84 wrote:
Simon_SW17 wrote:I was home this week and went past City Hall on the bus and noticed that the fountain has gone!

AFAIK it's been like this for months. I don't think it's to do with H&S and water features as the council are uncovering the Dock Feeder in Churchill Way to make a water feature for the 'Canal Quarter'.

TBH it wasn't much of a water feature and even when it was running always seemed very poor. IIRC it was built to celebrate the investiture of the previous Prince of Wales, now King Charles. Maybe it should be upgraded or replaced with something else?

Thanks, haven't been home for a while. Would be good to have a nice big ornamental fountain somewhere. You never know I guess.

LRcardiff

PostMon Oct 10, 2022 10:41 am

The fountains down the bay outside Giovanni's are a bit sorry for themselves as well.

The only half decent ones are the middle of the roundabout in Callaghan Square and you can't fully appreciate them because of the size of the roundabout and height of the hedges around it.

Bishop84

PostMon Oct 10, 2022 4:27 pm

LRcardiff wrote:The fountains down the bay outside Giovanni's are a bit sorry for themselves as well.

The only half decent ones are the middle of the roundabout in Callaghan Square and you can't fully appreciate them because of the size of the roundabout and height of the hedges around it.

And both of those may not have much of a future with the plans to remodel both Callaghan Square and The Flourish.

penarth bloke

PostMon Oct 10, 2022 4:40 pm

This conversation brings to mind the Jet d'Eau in Geneva, it also makes me think that such a fountain would look good in the middle of Cardiff Bay. If it was the same height, it could potentially be seen from Gloucestershire to Devon on good days.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum