It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:15 am

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Philnpt

Re: General Developments

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 5:51 am

Rhodri wrote:I have been told an aquarium is one of the things to be considered for the two docks between MQ and Sovereign Quay.

https://ciat.org.uk/awards/at-awards-20 ... rdiff.html
Not much information on it but it looks nice

Thewasp

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 9:03 am

It does indeed look fabulous! Let's hope something like this gets off the ground. Cardiff needs some world class attractions.
Surprised we dont really make the most of Roald Dahl, a museum or interactive facility. He has made some incredible characters which could be really utilised. A Marvellous Medicine room or Witches room. ..

Kyle

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 1:33 pm

Thewasp wrote:It does indeed look fabulous! Let's hope something like this gets off the ground. Cardiff needs some world class attractions.
Surprised we dont really make the most of Roald Dahl, a museum or interactive facility. He has made some incredible characters which could be really utilised. A Marvellous Medicine room or Witches room. ..

There were plans for a massive museum related to him years ago, I think at the site of St David's Hotel. There was going to be a massive BFG in the atrium I think. I can't remember what happened to those plans.

lucky

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 2:27 pm

That aquarium does look nice - but it doesn't look anything like the Graving Docks around it. We really need to start making more use of the derelict land near MQ, including the gap now opened by the loss of the Dr Who exhibition. Both this and the Military Museum could be better placed there, given the space they both need. That would encourage Cardiff Bus to reopen the number 6 route up to the BBC again.

Thewasp

PostTue Dec 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Any news on the planned redevelopment of central train station?

amp

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 8:58 am

Thewasp wrote:Any news on the planned redevelopment of central train station?

Apparently they are starting in 2024 at the earliest.

Lewisbeecham

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 9:38 am

amp wrote:

In other words after the Interchange, Sleeperz extension and potentially One Central Square and the Multi-story car park.

amp

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 9:54 am

Lewisbeecham wrote:
amp wrote:

In other words after the Interchange, Sleeperz extension and potentially One Central Square and the Multi-story car park.

Think you meant 1 central quay. Also brains site would be done by then.

I’m wondering what is happening with that final plot next to HMRC, I’ve heard nothing apart from the initial plans.

Lewisbeecham

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 10:47 am

amp wrote:
Lewisbeecham wrote:
amp wrote:Apparently they are starting in 2024 at the earliest.

Think you meant 1 central quay. Also brains site would be done by then.

I’m wondering what is happening with that final plot next to HMRC, I’ve heard nothing apart from the initial plans.

My bad. Yes, One Central Quay. The Ledger was way better ;)

I wonder if they'll toy will changing the final plot to a more residential or mixed use build? Perhaps they'll wait and see how the demand goes for the flats above the Interchange first?

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 12:58 pm

Yes I was wondering about plot 6 - another 8 to 10 floor office block would be ok but wouldn't it be great to have icing on the central square cake!! So this is it... A Beetham Tower, 35-40 floor "Central Hotel" (5 star by Qatar Airlines) with rooftop bar/restaurant - ok the first 10 floors can be offices!! You heard it here first!! (and probably last! :lol: but I can dream)
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum