It is currently Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:18 am


General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Kyle

  • Posts: 941
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: General Developments

PostSat Jul 23, 2022 3:38 pm

More Walesonline tabloid drama :D

Huge? Yeah, compared to a bloody tent :D
Offline

Ash

  • Posts: 1026
  • Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Re: General Developments

PostSun Jul 24, 2022 5:38 pm

Whales online.
Offline

MattW

  • Posts: 128
  • Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:43 pm
  • Location: Cardiff

Re: General Developments

PostTue Jul 26, 2022 11:21 am

20 flats - huge? :lol:

This is not new anyway, the site had an Outline permission going back to 2007, that was originally for 24 flats.
Offline
User avatar

paul cardiffwalesmap

  • Posts: 1075
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:27 am

Re: General Developments

PostTue Jul 26, 2022 1:22 pm

MattW wrote:20 flats - huge? :lol:

This is not new anyway, the site had an Outline permission going back to 2007, that was originally for 24 flats.



24!!!
That's gigantic, collosal, enormous!!! ;)
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/
Offline

Simon_SW17

  • Posts: 529
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Re: General Developments

PostSun Oct 09, 2022 2:21 pm

I was home this week and went past City Hall on the bus and noticed that the fountain has gone!

Does anyone know if been temporarily covered or removed completely?

We literally have zero water features in the centre if it has been, not good. Hope H&S hasn't struck again.
Offline

Bishop84

  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Re: General Developments

PostSun Oct 09, 2022 4:37 pm

Simon_SW17 wrote:I was home this week and went past City Hall on the bus and noticed that the fountain has gone!

Does anyone know if been temporarily covered or removed completely?

We literally have zero water features in the centre if it has been, not good. Hope H&S hasn't struck again.


AFAIK it's been like this for months. I don't think it's to do with H&S and water features as the council are uncovering the Dock Feeder in Churchill Way to make a water feature for the 'Canal Quarter'.

TBH it wasn't much of a water feature and even when it was running always seemed very poor. IIRC it was built to celebrate the investiture of the previous Prince of Wales, now King Charles. Maybe it should be upgraded or replaced with something else?
Offline

Simon_SW17

  • Posts: 529
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:07 pm

Re: General Developments

PostSun Oct 09, 2022 5:23 pm

Bishop84 wrote:
Simon_SW17 wrote:I was home this week and went past City Hall on the bus and noticed that the fountain has gone!

Does anyone know if been temporarily covered or removed completely?

We literally have zero water features in the centre if it has been, not good. Hope H&S hasn't struck again.


AFAIK it's been like this for months. I don't think it's to do with H&S and water features as the council are uncovering the Dock Feeder in Churchill Way to make a water feature for the 'Canal Quarter'.

TBH it wasn't much of a water feature and even when it was running always seemed very poor. IIRC it was built to celebrate the investiture of the previous Prince of Wales, now King Charles. Maybe it should be upgraded or replaced with something else?


Thanks, haven't been home for a while. Would be good to have a nice big ornamental fountain somewhere. You never know I guess.
Offline

LRcardiff

  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:48 am

Re: General Developments

PostMon Oct 10, 2022 10:41 am

The fountains down the bay outside Giovanni's are a bit sorry for themselves as well.

The only half decent ones are the middle of the roundabout in Callaghan Square and you can't fully appreciate them because of the size of the roundabout and height of the hedges around it.
Offline

Bishop84

  • Posts: 85
  • Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Re: General Developments

PostMon Oct 10, 2022 4:27 pm

LRcardiff wrote:The fountains down the bay outside Giovanni's are a bit sorry for themselves as well.

The only half decent ones are the middle of the roundabout in Callaghan Square and you can't fully appreciate them because of the size of the roundabout and height of the hedges around it.


And both of those may not have much of a future with the plans to remodel both Callaghan Square and The Flourish.
Offline

penarth bloke

  • Posts: 115
  • Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:10 am

Re: General Developments

PostMon Oct 10, 2022 4:40 pm

This conversation brings to mind the Jet d'Eau in Geneva, it also makes me think that such a fountain would look good in the middle of Cardiff Bay. If it was the same height, it could potentially be seen from Gloucestershire to Devon on good days.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron