It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:59 am

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Rhodri

Re: General Developments

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 11:40 am

What a pile of tripe.

Cardiff is the name of the club. It should remain. Unless someone wants to find over a £1 million that the name generates for the business. Then another £1 million to repay the amount Cardiff paid to standalone back in 2003. Support has always come from outside of the city but quite why you wish to advocate a representative model is beyond me so what problems does Cardiff as a standalone cause? Surely Wales is representative enough for rugby?

Jantra

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 3:15 pm

The solution appears to be to ban the game of rugby.

No more arguments. Problem solved.

Rhodri

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 4:50 pm

I like it .... a smidge binary but yes you could be onto something.

Lewisbeecham

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 5:10 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... l-13774564

The new Premier Inn for Custom House has been officially submitted. I'm all for the build, it would add nicely to the skyline with the nearby 42 story. But I don't like the design, it needs to be more plush and worthy.

sebcity

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 5:43 pm

Lewisbeecham wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/plans-latest-city-centre-hotel-13774564

The new Premier Inn for Custom House has been officially submitted. I'm all for the build, it would add nicely to the skyline with the nearby 42 story. But I don't like the design, it needs to be more plush and worthy.

I disagree, I really really dislike this building unfortunately. I think this it will age quickly and look awful. This is a prime spot for the city centre and is worthy of a design to match that, not that ugly thing.

Jantra

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Rhodri wrote:I like it .... a smidge binary but yes you could be onto something.

:mrgreen:

Jantra

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Lewisbeecham wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/plans-latest-city-centre-hotel-13774564

are architects using microsoft Paint nowadays?

Jantra

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Should the developer get permission to demolish the building, it would start at 11pm on Christmas Eve.

It would have to be completed by 3am on December 27

what does this mean?

elgdav

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Proximity to railway line plus no trains running makes this a good window.

moyceyyy

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 10:07 pm

Jantra wrote:The solution appears to be to ban the game of rugby.

No more arguments. Problem solved.

Let people enjoy what they want - rugby being our national sport doesnt affect your wendyball in any way :)
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum