It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:08 pm

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

murfilicious

Re: General Developments

PostThu Oct 02, 2014 9:51 am

Karl wrote:No mention of the supermarket that was mooted for at least part of that site....

The supermarket pulled out, not too sure of the exact reasons but as far as I'm aware it is off the table
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

Cardiff

PostMon Oct 06, 2014 9:36 am

Surprised no ones mentioned this on the old Rumpoles pub by the student castle

Ash

PostMon Oct 06, 2014 5:58 pm

It's not a great development but it's an improvement on Rumpoles and will hide the bloody ugly blocks of social housing at the back of the site.

murfilicious

PostWed Oct 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Quite a few planning applications of large scale housing developments in with the council now, many within spitting distance of each other

Redrow are planning:
- 290 houses near Pentrebane (west of Bishop Hammond Drive) 14/02188/MJR
- 350 houses north of Llantrisant Road (between Clos Parc Radyr and Heol Isaf) 14/02157/MJR
- 280 houses south of Llantrisant Road (between Heol Isaf and Waterhall Road) 14/02157/MJR
Link to forum thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72

Taylor Wimpey are planning:
- 250 houses on BBC Broadcasting House and Ty Oldfield (Llantrisant Road) SC/14/00001/MJR

An anticipated influx of 1,170 in the Llandaff/Danescourt/Fairwater/Pentrebane area

There's also a proposal for 224 houses on the old ITV studios (Culverhouse Cross) 14/02308/MJR, no developer named there as far as I can see.

Kyle

PostWed Oct 08, 2014 3:50 pm

murfilicious wrote:Quite a few planning applications of large scale housing developments in with the council now, many within spitting distance of each other

Redrow are planning:
- 290 houses near Pentrebane (west of Bishop Hammond Drive) 14/02188/MJR
- 350 houses north of Llantrisant Road (between Clos Parc Radyr and Heol Isaf) 14/02157/MJR
- 280 houses south of Llantrisant Road (between Heol Isaf and Waterhall Road) 14/02157/MJR
Link to forum thread here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=72

Taylor Wimpey are planning:
- 250 houses on BBC Broadcasting House and Ty Oldfield (Llantrisant Road) SC/14/00001/MJR

An anticipated influx of 1,170 in the Llandaff/Danescourt/Fairwater/Pentrebane area

There's also a proposal for 224 houses on the old ITV studios (Culverhouse Cross) 14/02308/MJR, no developer named there as far as I can see.

That's quite a few isn't it ? Throw in developments like St.Edeyrn, Ely Mill and Dumballs road and there's a fair number of new homes in the planning. The biggest issue I can see at the moment is barely anything is getting as far as a brick being put down.

Surely something's got to give soon ? I know there are pockets of homes going up and developments such Cardiff Pointe but one or two if these big developments really needs to start soon.

murfilicious

PostWed Oct 08, 2014 4:01 pm

Kyle wrote:Surely something's got to give soon ? I know there are pockets of homes going up and developments such Cardiff Pointe but one or two if these big developments really needs to start soon.

I'm 99% certain Ely Mill has started - the Ely end is a hive of activity at the moment with JCBs, portakabins, fencing, workers there all day... Will have to take a wander at some point this week for a photo or two.

Kyle

PostWed Oct 08, 2014 4:38 pm

murfilicious wrote:
Kyle wrote:Surely something's got to give soon ? I know there are pockets of homes going up and developments such Cardiff Pointe but one or two if these big developments really needs to start soon.

I'm 99% certain Ely Mill has started - the Ely end is a hive of activity at the moment with JCBs, portakabins, fencing, workers there all day... Will have to take a wander at some point this week for a photo or two.

That's good news.

durhamcowboy

PostThu Oct 09, 2014 9:23 pm

wizard

PostThu Oct 09, 2014 10:15 pm

I've finally managed to upload a few snaps that I took of some temporary artwork that has been installed on the ground floor of the building with the pillars opposite Sainsbury's in the Bay.

I think that this kind of simple artwork works really well in both giving the streetscape an arty feel, and polishing up an otherwise depressingly inactive facade.

Ash

PostFri Oct 10, 2014 8:52 am

wizard wrote:I've finally managed to upload a few snaps that I took of some temporary artwork that has been installed on the ground floor of the building with the pillars opposite Sainsbury's in the Bay.

For ease of description that building is the old Butetown Post Office. I agree about the art!
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum