It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 am

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Kyle

Re: General Developments

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 4:23 am

This article mentions Ponty for the Keolis office. Not confirmed though. Maybe the thinking is because Transport for Wales are up there.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/keolis-amey-bringing-130-jobs-14752672

Ash, was your information from somewhere else?

Lewisbeecham

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 7:09 am

It's not been confirmed I thought? For the office? It'll be Cardiff or Ponty for sure. Part of me wants Ponty to get the jobs.

Kyle

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 8:22 am

Lewisbeecham wrote:It's not been confirmed I thought? For the office? It'll be Cardiff or Ponty for sure. Part of me wants Ponty to get the jobs.

That's correct, it hasn't been confirmed. It's just that the article I read 'could potentially be Pontypridd'. Maybe just speculation by Walesonline.

HalRobsonKanu

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 9:22 am

House of Fraser have confirmed this morning that they plan to close their Cardiff store. Truly the end of an era for those of us who grew up thinking of Howells as Cardiff's answer to Harrods.

The dream scenario is here would be for the store to be taken over be Selfridges, but I’d imagine this is pretty unlikely. Assuming that we won’t see another department store taking the site on, this will be a huge change for the city centre, moving the centre of gravity even more firmly in the direction of St David’s and potentially damaging the prospects of other retail businesses in St Mary Street and some of the arcades.

I wonder what else could the building(s) be used for? It could it be subdivided into three or four medium sized retail units but given the amount of vacant prime units in St David’s it’s hard to imagine that this would be viable at the moment.

I’d guess that the most likely scenario is that the site will end of being extensively redeveloped, with the frontages retained and whatever ever isn’t listed behind them being remodelled to accommodate a mix of uses, potentially including some retail, bars and restaurants, apartments and offices.

Simon__200

PostThu Jun 07, 2018 9:45 am

This is terrible news. Can't imagine Cardiff without HoF. That store has been a cornerstone of the city centre.

Cardiff

PostWed Jun 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Scaffolding going up around the old HSBC in the bay

Lewisbeecham

PostWed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 pm

Just need the other building across the street to get going now.

Cardiff

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 1:25 pm

There was work going on, i occasionally see people at the back by the flourish in suits but nothing major for a while now.

elgdav

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Another student development, this time built over a canal...

https://planningonline.cardiff.gov.uk/o ... APR_123901

Lewisbeecham

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 11:05 pm

Oh damn. They just won't give up will they... That's not the right place, right in the middle of privately owned flats.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum