It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Kyle

Re: General Developments

PostFri Sep 19, 2014 12:51 pm

It's the in Cardiff Capital Region so that'll do me.

It's a lovely design isn't it ?

Ash

PostMon Sep 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Wandering down Saint Mary Street today I notices that all the units between Caroline Street and Wyndham Arcade have been knocked into one. It still has "To Let" signs up so it's probably a speculative move by the landlords, Curzon Estates. The unit looks too big for retail in that part of town and it's in the saturation zone so I'm guessing they're hoping for a restaurant operator.

RandomComment

PostMon Sep 22, 2014 6:34 pm

That's going to be Morrisons I thought.

Century Falcon

PostMon Sep 22, 2014 9:38 pm

Morrisons dropped out, according to a friend on their management scheme. Possibly problems getting an alcohol license, but my recollection of the conversation is a bit hazy (with it having occurred on licensed premises!)

I think that's why it's back on the market.

Bishop84

PostTue Sep 23, 2014 8:38 pm

Karl wrote:Apologies if there is already a General Development file - I couldn't find one.

Two new developments that may be of interest. The YHA look to be taking over what I think is the Premier Inn which is near the Magic Roundabout just as you enter the industrial estate/office park. A few years ago the YHA were looking at building in Bridge Street in the gap between the Chapel restaurant and Charles Street. That looks scuppered now and it's difficult to envisage what will be built there. The current YHA facility in Wedal Road will close.

Just saw this post and I believe that it's the Mercure Lodge and not the Premier Inn that is involved. It's on East Wharf Road, a spur on the entrance to the Central Link Road from East Tyndall Street, and sandwiched between the car/van sales lot and the steel works. Not the most obvious area for a Youth Hostel with poor pedestrian and public transport links and very few local amenities (Unless you count the "ladies" working around the Magic Roundabout :o )

Karl

PostWed Sep 24, 2014 8:43 am

Bishop - you are right. I went over Central Link and saw the Mercure the other day, next to a car dealership. It's the first time I ever noticed it.

As you say a pretty forlorn place to have anything never mind a Youth Hostel (or indeed a hotel).

Ash

PostThu Sep 25, 2014 7:25 pm

How the hell did we all miss out in this one?

The Neville pub is being converted into a One Stop.

Jantra

PostThu Sep 25, 2014 9:24 pm

Ash wrote:How the hell did we all miss out in this one?

The Neville pub is being converted into a One Stop.

I saw that today as I was driving past. You know tomes are a changing when the neville is no longer a pub

DaiB

PostThu Sep 25, 2014 10:05 pm

I knew tomes were changing when my dictionary turned into an encyclopedia.

Jantra

PostFri Sep 26, 2014 9:53 am

DaiB wrote:I knew tomes were changing when my dictionary turned into an encyclopedia.

:lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum