It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 am

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Ash

Re: General Developments

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 10:32 pm

Lewisbeecham wrote:Looks alright. Makes you wonder why Brickworks didn't go any higher.

Brickworks is great. One of the best developments of recent years in my opinion. Going higher would have spoiled it, I think.

Frank

PostTue Jul 16, 2019 10:58 pm

Those buildings off Curran Road are amongst the best of modern architecture in Cardiff. I would prefer something that fitted with them particularly colourwise. Why is such a thing so difficult?

DJKiran

PostWed Jul 24, 2019 12:13 pm

They have begun work on the John Street plot

https://i.imgur.com/olQIKRh.jpg

paul cardiffwalesmap

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 10:56 am

There has been a lot of activity at the Brains / Central Quay site recently with the removal of tanks etc. I just passed the entrance and hoardings have gone up at the front on penarth road. Hoping that phase 1 gets underway before the end of the year now! looks promising (mind you I thought that about the interchange about a decade ago!! :roll: oh and the glass needle for any old timers on here!! :lol: )

In actual fact a fair bit of construction could be underway by the end of this year... Central Quay - The Interchange (ever the optimist) - John Street - Curran Road 4 blocks - Curran road tower? - track 2000 site - new element of westgate st hotel - Bradley court - Resi tower cap quarter. With Premier Inn, Easy Hotel and Students union already progressing. Indeed the development barometer of 'crane counting' could be pretty high in spring 2020!!
CARDIFFWALESMAP http://www.cardiffwalesmap.com ---- CARDIFWALESMAP TWITTER https://twitter.com/cardiffwalesmap
CARDIFF DEVELOPMENTS flickrphotos https://www.flickr.com/photos/8761770@N05/

mjenkins

PostSat Jul 27, 2019 12:02 pm

Does anyone know about the issues regarding the Celestia development at the moment? I have heard that buyers are unable to get mortgages for purchases due to the render/cladding fire issues. Is it being resolved by the freeholder or are owners going to pay out?

Another opportunity to do something with quality materials to enhance appearance potentially, although presumably it will be a cheap fix that is chosen.

mjenkins

PostSat Jul 27, 2019 12:07 pm

Cardiff wrote:No worries, there is an issue with the render which after 3 years of research 'should' be resolved next month, we expect it to be painted like waterquarter and victoria wharf, with the flooding pathway increased in height also. What anti homeless spikes?

Are these the problems I mentioned above? How is it progressing?

Ash

PostSat Jul 27, 2019 5:24 pm

paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:There has been a lot of activity at the Brains / Central Quay site recently with the removal of tanks etc. I just passed the entrance and hoardings have gone up at the front on penarth road. Hoping that phase 1 gets underway before the end of the year now!

I suspect the first thing we'll see on site is the temporary car park for the BBC. They're supposed to start moving into Centarl Square in the next couple of months and Rightacres need to deliver the contracted parking spaces.

DJKiran

PostSat Jul 27, 2019 5:26 pm

Any idea on when some more activity will be seen on the site? I want to see it unfold in person as I want to a time lapse of the construction! :D

Cardiff

PostSat Jul 27, 2019 10:23 pm

mjenkins - from the latest resident meeting it seems quite a complicated matter, looks like the render issue will be decided on in the next few weeks as to whether that's freehold/developer/builders/resident paying for work (expect a big media scandal if it is resident who pay for it!), the dock path is still in negotiations with GBP who own the dock wall.
One of the things i have gathered from friends living in similar apartment developments with issues is that there is very little legal action that can be taken against the likes of Redrow, Belway, Taylor Wimpey etc or even the council who sign these developments off as fit for purpose, and by this i mean legal action to make them pay for rectification. No wonder Grenfel happened and there has been very little progress to fix issues like combustible cladding etc. or even legislation to stop issues like that happening again, makes you really angry and appalled, some local AM's have gotten involved with Prospect place and i think they have been approached by other developments in Cardiff too. Having worked for a company that supplied big builders like these it make you really concerned about the quality of a lot of new developments, but then they say old houses are similarly bad so i think its just the house building business in general!

Cardiff

PostThu Aug 01, 2019 6:42 pm

Whats the tower in this pic on Bute Terrace!!!!??

PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum