It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:17 am

General Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Lewisbeecham

Re: General Developments

PostThu May 02, 2019 7:56 am

Cwlcymro wrote:
Owen wrote:2 key points from Russell goodway's statement to council this month:
Allium Lending Group, a new consumer finance organisation, is going to create a base in Cardiff, up to 100 new jobs

'Canal Quarter' - a new masterplan for the part of the centre that includes Guildford Crescent. Includes public recreation space and reopening parts of the dock feeder. Work in progress, report more in next few months

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but a new company was formed by the Rapport family last month called 'Canal Quarter Cardiff Ltd'

I'm intrigued to see how the master plan looks for this area, especially given the proposed road changes and with the controversy around Guildford Crescent.

Cardiffbay wrote:Passing the site of the new premier inn on the train this morning and I see the pile drill has gone and there is a tower crane base on site.

This reminds me, where is the new Cardiff Airport express stop!? I need it for Saturday AM. Ha!

daearegwr

PostThu May 02, 2019 9:58 am

Lewisbeecham wrote:
This reminds me, where is the new Cardiff Airport express stop!? I need it for Saturday AM. Ha!

It's now stop JF on canal street, which is the one behind Cardiff Library/in front of the Marriot hotel. https://goo.gl/maps/2YPYHG565AJZVCBbA

Cardiffbay

PostThu May 02, 2019 12:27 pm

It also stops out the back of central station where the bay car stops.

Simon__200

PostFri May 03, 2019 1:02 pm

daearegwr wrote:This reminds me, where is the new Cardiff Airport express stop!? I need it for Saturday AM. Ha!

The T9 is free on weekends and stops at County Hall, Hemmingway Road, Atlantic Warf

https://www.traveline.cymru/timetables/ ... =0T9MFNAA3

DJKiran

PostWed May 08, 2019 1:47 pm

Looks like there is some activity at Park Place.

Ash

PostFri May 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Ther's a lot of activity going on on the vacant plot next to 3,Assembly Square. The most likely explanation is that it's being used as a works compound for the Urdd Eisteddfod in a few weeks time but it might signal something more.

Kyle

PostMon May 13, 2019 10:59 am

Ash wrote:Ther's a lot of activity going on on the vacant plot next to 3,Assembly Square. The most likely explanation is that it's being used as a works compound for the Urdd Eisteddfod in a few weeks time but it might signal something more.

I can't remember any detailed planning for this plot, I might be wrong, so I think your Eisteddfod explanation is the most likely. However, it's about time something happened with the two last plots at Assembly Square. I think a hotel would work fairly well down there, particularly with an arena planned.

Owen

PostWed May 22, 2019 7:32 pm

The car dealership on east Tyndall street has started to be knocked down. I would assume they wouldn’t knock it down now if they weren’t intending to then build the big student accommodation block, so I guess this is likely to go ahead. I did wonder if they wouldn’t proceed with this one, like Custom House Street

elgdav

PostTue May 28, 2019 8:42 am

Model in a window display of an architect on Womanby Street

https://imgur.com/a/hQSXdQm

Kyle

PostTue May 28, 2019 9:47 am

elgdav wrote:Model in a window display of an architect on Womanby Street

https://imgur.com/a/hQSXdQm

What proposal is that?
PreviousNext