It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:52 am


Cardiff Pointe

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

jonbvn

  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostWed Sep 14, 2016 10:28 pm

I cross posted with Baysailor - I didn't steal his theory honest!
Offline

Baysailor

  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostThu Sep 15, 2016 11:08 am

No worries jonbvn. It’s so obvious to the lay person what’s wrong with the site, that you can’t help wonder how the developer can get it so wrong. I feel sorry for the people who have bought. They’ll be living on a construction site for 20 years with little hope of recovering their capital investment. If memory serves me correctly, per the original planning, they should be onto the final phases by now building the cantilevered high rises apartments. As those will sell, that’s what should be put up next.

Nice to see Penarth Heights on its final phase and selling well. Will be interesting to see how quickly the £620,000 circular town houses sell. At least with them you have a garden and incredible views across the channel.
Offline

jonbvn

  • Posts: 93
  • Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:41 pm

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostThu Sep 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Baysailor wrote:
Nice to see Penarth Heights on its final phase and selling well. Will be interesting to see how quickly the £620,000 circular town houses sell. At least with them you have a garden and incredible views across the channel.


I agree, Penarth heights is a much better option - although the advertising budget must have been big. At least there, a family can get their children into a decent school and access other facilities on foot.
Offline

Dr O

  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostThu Sep 15, 2016 3:51 pm

Baysailor wrote:No worries jonbvn. It’s so obvious to the lay person what’s wrong with the site, that you can’t help wonder how the developer can get it so wrong. I feel sorry for the people who have bought. They’ll be living on a construction site for 20 years with little hope of recovering their capital investment. If memory serves me correctly, per the original planning, they should be onto the final phases by now building the cantilevered high rises apartments. As those will sell, that’s what should be put up next.

Nice to see Penarth Heights on its final phase and selling well. Will be interesting to see how quickly the £620,000 circular town houses sell. At least with them you have a garden and incredible views across the channel.


Well this is really why I brought it up, what's the scope for them changing the order of the phases, or even altering the entire master plan to a higher % of flats?
Offline

LocalResident

  • Posts: 66
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:45 pm

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostThu Sep 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Dr O wrote:
Well this is really why I brought it up, what's the scope for them changing the order of the phases, or even altering the entire master plan to a higher % of flats?


I believe the the developer are contractually bound to delivering the Ice Arena, ski slope/car-park/hotel and commercial sectors inline with allowing specific numbers to move into the residential properties.

So arguably they could still jump to the flats prior to the lower level residential, but i expect they would need to have finished the ski slope/car-park/hotel before they could allow people to move in. Personally I am wondering if Helium Miracle 113 have the funding to complete what i assume is the very expensive ski slope without selling a large amount of the higher return houses.
Offline

Baysailor

  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostThu Sep 15, 2016 7:20 pm

Sounds like a predicament for the developer. If the Bayscape hotel goes up first, then occupancy rates for more hotels will be a concern, especially as there really isn’t much around the area to fill the hotels. The ice arena is great, as are the other facilities (I frequent them regularly) and presumably more commercial would be welcome especially if it triggers local restaurants and gives the point more of a buzz. Problem with it now is that it’s still a bit of a waste land. Not Grangetown, not rejuvenated docklands, just sort of a nothingness missing an identity. And Cardiff Pointe development isn’t the answer.
Offline

Baysailor

  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostThu Sep 15, 2016 7:36 pm

And speaking as a parent, can you imagine a toddler running around in Cardiff Pointe. I'd be having a heart attack envisioning the child falling in the water as the boats and birds are just too alluring!
Offline
User avatar

Jantra

  • Posts: 964
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:53 pm
  • Location: Penarth

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostSun Sep 18, 2016 9:58 am

Baysailor wrote:And speaking as a parent, can you imagine a toddler running around in Cardiff Pointe. I'd be having a heart attack envisioning the child falling in the water as the boats and birds are just too alluring!

having lived on penarth marina with three children i can tell you that just doesnt happen.
I'd rather be no one than someone with no one.
Offline

moyceyyy

  • Posts: 216
  • Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:03 pm
  • Location: Llanelli

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostTue Feb 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Heres to wondering whether the phase 5/6/7 and phase 8+9 towers will ever be completed. And the tower proposed for the Sports Village.. aka an Ice rink.
Offline

Baysailor

  • Posts: 48
  • Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: Cardiff Pointe

PostSun Jul 30, 2017 11:14 am

Does anyone know what’s happening at Cardiff Pointe? I see 3 of the top end apartments are for sale. Is it just coincidence or do they know something we don’t? Other than the obvious that the development is stopped and needs a complete rethink before it starts up again.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amp, Bing [Bot] and 2 guests