It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Cardiff restaurants and cafes

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Frank

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Anyone familiar with the fancy new place near Casanova opposite the Stadium?

MattW

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 1:29 pm

A new Chai Street is being fitted out down in Cardiff bay - just along from Greggs.

Good to see an independent place down there - along with the recently opened Sio café from Chapter Arts,

Frank

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Cafe linked to Chapter? Not heard about that. I imagine it's difficult for independent restaurants to compete in places like the Bay.

MattW

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Yeah its that unit next to Craft in the Bay - formerly Café Pure and Kemis before that.

Went there for lunch last week - was really excellent quality and price. I hope it does well.

sebcity

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Well it looks like Locke and Remedy is getting ready to be taken over by Virgin Money with a 'community space' included, offering free refreshments and pizza. I like the idea of this as clearly the building hasn't been profitable for other uses!

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/bank-serving-free-pizza-opening-13309888
Previous

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum