It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

Cardiff restaurants and cafes

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Lewisbeecham

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostFri Aug 17, 2018 5:16 pm

cjenkinswales wrote:I wish so much they would bring back a Hard Rock Café. It was out of the blue they closed it. Maybe, with Cardiff now on the up they could re-open in the near future with a better locality in the city, ie Central Quay :)
I could just see the Hard Rock Café neon sign down the side of the chimney, now that would look so amazing :)

Cardiff had a Hard Rock Cafe? Blimey! I never knew ...

cjenkinswales

PostFri Aug 17, 2018 5:21 pm

sure did - was open for nearly 7 years from 2003 - 2010 :(

Ash

PostFri Aug 17, 2018 10:21 pm

cjenkinswales wrote:I wish so much they would bring back a Hard Rock Café. It was out of the blue they closed it. Maybe, with Cardiff now on the up they could re-open in the near future with a better locality in the city, ie Central Quay :)
I could just see the Hard Rock Café neon sign down the side of the chimney, now that would look so amazing :)

Really? Bad, overpriced burgers and a brand that has become terminally naff. When did you last see anyone wearing one of those T-shirts people used to be so proud of?

I suppose Hard Rock Café, Gurnos might still work! :lol:

cjenkinswales

PostFri Aug 17, 2018 11:49 pm

HRC restaurants are great and I personally love their food and the brand. HRC are a really fussy brand and will only put in a city or place that is growing in confidence. We all want our beloved city of Cardiff to grow,expand and develop as this is what our forum is all about. That's why I would love to see HRC come back!!! Central Quay would be a great place for a HRC Cardiff and it would be the jewel in the crown for that place. Also, I just come back from holidaying in various Cities in Italy and I must admit I saw so many people wearing HRC T-shirts. They look pretty cool with a pair of cargo shorts or jeans.
Don't think they are out of fashion yet :)

Mr Blue Sky

PostSat Aug 18, 2018 10:25 am

Ash wrote:

Really? Bad, overpriced burgers and a brand that has become terminally naff. When did you last see anyone wearing one of those T-shirts people used to be so proud of?

I suppose Hard Rock Café, Gurnos might still work! :lol:

Did you eat there? The burgers were the first in Cardiff, I believe, to be cooked and served pink, which is now a very popular style of cuisine. They were expensive but also very nice. The service was great and it was also very busy whenever I visited.

cjenkinswales

PostSat Aug 18, 2018 10:46 am

I am a massive fan of the brand. I have visited over 30 HRC’s around the world. I visited the Cardiff one many times and was there for the VIP opening in 2002 where, Bonnie Tyler officially opened the restaurant.

amp

PostSat Aug 18, 2018 12:06 pm

I think Hard Rock Cafe has below average food at expensive prices, and is so overrated the same as planet Hollywood. Good for the tourists who know nothing about good quality food.

Ash

PostSat Aug 18, 2018 1:38 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote: Did you eat there?

Yes, I did and I've eaten in a couple of other HRCs over the years. I'm not particularly interested in pop and rock memorabilia so I guess I'm not in the target demo but I have to say I found the food disappointing and wildly over-priced compared to somewhere like Five Guys or Grazing Shed

Simon__200

PostSat Aug 18, 2018 1:42 pm

cjenkinswales wrote:HRC restaurants are great and I personally love their food and the brand. HRC are a really fussy brand and will only put in a city or place that is growing in confidence. We all want our beloved city of Cardiff to grow,expand and develop as this is what our forum is all about. That's why I would love to see HRC come back!!! Central Quay would be a great place for a HRC Cardiff and it would be the jewel in the crown for that place. Also, I just come back from holidaying in various Cities in Italy and I must admit I saw so many people wearing HRC T-shirts. They look pretty cool with a pair of cargo shorts or jeans.
Don't think they are out of fashion yet :)

I'm sorry you seem to have fallen for the hype, but HRC is just another one of those plastic, lousy chain brands that have thankfully had their day. I didn't shed a tear for their over-priced burgers and chips that tasted of soap, when they closed. The only think that was sad about it, is that what opened up in their place was arguably even worse. I was hoping for a nice bar restaurant.

Mr Blue Sky

PostSat Aug 18, 2018 4:16 pm

Ash wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote: Did you eat there?

Yes, I did and I've eaten in a couple of other HRCs over the years. I'm not particularly interested in pop and rock memorabilia so I guess I'm not in the target demo but I have to say I found the food disappointing and wildly over-priced compared to somewhere like Five Guys or Grazing Shed

Five guys burgers are nowhere near as nice imo as Hard Rock Cafe burgers. I've never eaten at Grazing Shed so I can't comment.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum