It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:19 am


Cardiff restaurants and cafes

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

MattW

  • Posts: 101
  • Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:43 pm
  • Location: Cardiff

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostMon Sep 24, 2018 4:24 pm

Also what ever happened to the Byron burger that was supposed to be opening?
Offline

Amoore

  • Posts: 253
  • Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostMon Sep 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Byron is currently undergoing a rescue plan and closing outlets as it's struggling financially.
Offline

daearegwr

  • Posts: 51
  • Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:13 am

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 4:35 pm

Andrew J wrote:does anyone know about the Ivy's plans to open in Cardiff. A year ago there was a licencing application for the old Moss Bros unit on the Hayes but all gone very quiet sadly

WalesOnline must read these forums - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/ ... n-15198780
Offline

Karl

  • Posts: 431
  • Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Burger Theory have applied to go in the unit that was Wok and Go or something similar. It's in St Mary Street near to O'Neils and Wok to Walk.
Offline

dazplott

  • Posts: 16
  • Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 5:25 pm

In the latest walesonlinee article about Cosy Club in the bay, there is a render of what the outside will look like. What’s really interesting about this is it shows the covered area (kind of a colonnade) in front of the new Cosy Club, Starbucks, GBK etc as being fully enclosed with the terrace above extended outward. This seems like a smart move as this space doesn’t really have a lot going for it except perhaps as a sheltered smoking area for Starbucks customers

Image
Offline

Andrew J

  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 6:10 pm

daearegwr wrote:
Andrew J wrote:does anyone know about the Ivy's plans to open in Cardiff. A year ago there was a licencing application for the old Moss Bros unit on the Hayes but all gone very quiet sadly

WalesOnline must read these forums - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/ ... n-15198780

Glad I asked now but shame about the answer. The Ivy on the Hayes would have been fantastic
Offline

daearegwr

  • Posts: 51
  • Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:13 am

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 9:18 pm

Karl wrote:Burger Theory have applied to go in the unit that was Wok and Go or something similar. It's in St Mary Street near to O'Neils and Wok to Walk.


Is this instead of being located inside Kong's? Big fan of their burgers but I've been disappointed you can't take kids with you to Kong's so have missed out on eating there a few times recently when I was in town.
Offline

MattW

  • Posts: 101
  • Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:43 pm
  • Location: Cardiff

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 9:33 am

dazplott wrote:In the latest walesonlinee article about Cosy Club in the bay, there is a render of what the outside will look like. What’s really interesting about this is it shows the covered area (kind of a colonnade) in front of the new Cosy Club, Starbucks, GBK etc as being fully enclosed with the terrace above extended outward. This seems like a smart move as this space doesn’t really have a lot going for it except perhaps as a sheltered smoking area for Starbucks customers

Image


A planning application has been submitted for GBK, Ed's Diner and Starbucks to all be extended forward to use up the space in front of the units.

Yes Burger Theory would be within a stand alone unit on St Mary Street.

Also - Bwydiful Burgers are opening on Cowbridge Road soon I believe.
Offline

Lewisbeecham

  • Posts: 282
  • Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 am

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 10:48 am

Good move on extending the units forward, you almost forget they exist because you can hardly see the store front. These are good changes, there's some confidence here in the economy. I wonder if this is to compete with any potential arena news?
Offline

NorthCityBoy

  • Posts: 30
  • Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:42 am

Re: Cardiff restaurants and cafes

PostWed Sep 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Good news about Burger Theory. They do the best burgers in Cardiff.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests