It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:18 pm

Eastern Bay Link

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Re: Eastern Bay Link

PostWed Dec 31, 2014 7:25 pm

smwrff wrote:The Sell2Wales sites talks about a high slew bridge - but there is no bridge shown on the map - is it planned to finish the ski ramp (obvious choice.....so probably not) or bridge across Ocean Way.? Confused

The artists impression seems to indicate the ski ramp will not be used. That would be ridiculous in my opinion and would effectively be a new road off the roundabout rather than the continuation of the PDR

Zach

PostSat Jan 03, 2015 2:41 pm

http://wales.gov.uk/docs/det/publications/140627-eastern-bay-link-image.pdf

It would be pointless completing the "ski-jump" for the road to have another roundabout in a 100yds!
Better they got on with the whole thing.

Here is the complete list of WAG road upgrades, looks impressive, except most start with the words like; We're planning, thinking about, proposed scheme, talking to, considering, .....

http://wales.gov.uk/topics/transport/roads/schemes/m4-road/?lang=en

PS was anyone else amazed that this key road was closed for 24hours in December for "My Big Fat Gypsy Funeral" ?

Mr Blue Sky

PostSat Jan 03, 2015 6:48 pm

[quote="Zach"]http://wales.gov.uk/docs/det/publications/140627-eastern-bay-link-image.pdf

It would be pointless completing the "ski-jump" for the road to have another roundabout in a 100yds!
Better they got on with the whole thing.

Here is the complete list of WAG road upgrades, looks impressive, except most start with the words like; We're planning, thinking about, proposed scheme, talking to, considering, .....

http://wales.gov.uk/topics/transport/roads/schemes/m4-road/?lang=en

PS was anyone else amazed that this key road was closed for 24hours in December for "My Big Fat Gypsy Funeral" ?[/quote

Our government is known as the Welsh Government now, after the Wales Act 2014 became law.

No need to refer to WAG any longer, it's a dead concept.

Zach

PostSat Jan 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Our government is known as the Welsh Government now, after the Wales Act 2014 became law.

Its a bit like Personnel going to Personnel Department then to Human Resources then to Human Capital, latest is "People and Organisation"

They get more annoyed if people don't use the correct name rather than if they complain about the latest rubbish they spout.

A sufficiently accurate and yet condescending title for the WAG can be just plain old Assembly. :twisted:

Mr Blue Sky

PostSat Jan 03, 2015 7:49 pm

Zach wrote:

Its a bit like Personnel going to Personnel Department then to Human Resources then to Human Capital, latest is "People and Organisation"

They get more annoyed if people don't use the correct name rather than if they complain about the latest rubbish they spout.

A sufficiently accurate and yet condescending title for the WAG can be just plain old Assembly. :twisted:

Not very much like your analogy I'm afraid. The Assembly is the 60 member legislature that meets in the Siambr in the Senedd. The Welsh Government is the body that governs Wales and is made up of the ministers and deputy ministers of the ruling Labour party.

Imagine some pig-ignorant foreigner describing the Westminster parliament as "the UK government". They would be just as incorrect as you are, Zach.

LocalLurker

PostSat Jan 03, 2015 10:07 pm

The WAG needs to complete the Cardiff Link Road. That alongside the M4 bypass around Newport and a decent road link to the airport are the main road projects which need undertaking in the next 5 years in South East Wales

Mr Blue Sky

PostSat Jan 03, 2015 10:41 pm

LocalLurker wrote:The WAG needs to complete the Cardiff Link Road. That alongside the M4 bypass around Newport and a decent road link to the airport are the main road projects which need undertaking in the next 5 years in South East Wales

If ignorance is bliss then you must be as happy as a pig-ignorant pig in pigmuck. It's the Welsh Government, Local Porker.

Zach

PostSun Jan 04, 2015 2:54 pm

If ignorance is bliss then you must be as happy as a pig-ignorant pig in pigmuck. It's the Welsh Government, Local Porker.

I strongly suspect Mr BlueSky salary gets paid out of my taxes! judging from some of his/her comments and their attachment to the WAG. Teacher or minor civil servant comes to mind. :lol:

Ash

PostSun Jan 04, 2015 3:01 pm

Zach wrote:I strongly suspect Mr BlueSky salary gets paid out of my taxes! judging from some of his/her comments and their attachment to the WAG. Teacher or minor civil servant comes to mind. :lol:

Given the timing of the post the phrase 'few too many glasses' comes to my mind! We've all done it. The point is reasonable - even if the tone isn't.

Mr Blue Sky

PostSun Jan 04, 2015 6:26 pm

Zach wrote:

I strongly suspect Mr BlueSky salary gets paid out of my taxes! judging from some of his/her comments and their attachment to the WAG. Teacher or minor civil servant comes to mind. :lol:

Nope I'm a businessman/entrepreneur. I choose when to work, I'm very comfortably off due to luck and hard work. I'm also a Welsh nationalist and devote much of my time to fighting the pernicious influence of little Englanders/Britnats in Wales.

Your persistence, Zach, in using the term "WAG" instead of "Welsh Government" suggests to me that you are in a line of work requiring a very low IQ. Toilet attendant maybe? Or more likely, a jizz-mopper in a nudie-booth.

You've clearly inhaled way too many fumes during work to understand the difference between the Welsh Government and the Welsh Assembly. Sadly for you, your lack of intelligence means that even in the unlikely event that you could grasp the difference between the two concepts, you would be unable to remember that differentiation.

Maybe the Welsh Government could help you out with some learning support?
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum