It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:18 pm

Eastern Bay Link

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Mr Blue Sky

Re: Eastern Bay Link

PostThu Sep 08, 2016 9:50 am

Jantra wrote:
SPACCI wrote:I loves the 'diff is a proper company. They sell the taffywood mugs you see around the place. All the Welsh film titles and an 'I ❤s the 'Diff' t shirt in the style of 'I ❤ NY'. Nothing to do with Media Wales.

of course its a real company. that doesnt mean "the 'diff" wasnt originally created by some hack in media wales.

without putting to fine a point on it, its shit.

"The 'Diff" grates on my nerves like scratching a blackboard with a rusty fork. I'm with Jantra and Paul. Ban "The 'Diff".

jonbvn

PostThu Sep 08, 2016 1:32 pm

paul cardiffwalesmap wrote:Yes it's very possible that shall we say the more mature amongst us (old gits!) probably haven't warmed to the.. 'The Diff' term. In the great scheme of things it's probably quite a positive thing for Cardiff but for myself a bit like the term 'sick' for something that clearly isn't!? there are some things that age just seems to preclude you from accepting! It's not easy being a fossil y'know ;)

Anyway apologies to

Eastern Bay Link...

I'm with you on this. You can't be a real Bristol Channel Yank if you don't even say the "KAAAIR" in Kaaairdiff. :D

jonbvn

PostThu Sep 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Zach wrote:An impressive bit of road building, what a pity it ends in a roundabout at both ends!

Not only roundabouts, but bloody traffic lights also!
http://gov.wales/topics/transport/roads ... k/?lang=en

Latest drone view video:
https://youtu.be/F_QTNihZGF0?list=PLHBV ... NAJy7C9G6W

Simon_SW17

PostThu Sep 08, 2016 2:57 pm

I thought the point of roundabouts was to control the traffic flow. Bad enough that there's no continuous road from the Butetown tunnel but traffic lights as well is too much :roll:

Mr Blue Sky

PostThu Sep 08, 2016 8:13 pm

There are already part-time traffic lights on the Queens Gate roundabout. They work quite well.

This could have been a grade-separated junction, but it isn't so we will have to deal with it. The completed road will certainly help those travelling from the Bay/Penarth/Barry to the eastbound M4 and vice-versa.

Furthermore, businesses and residents on Ocean Way, Lewis Rd and East Tyndall Street will see a big reduction in traffic and pollution. I have relatives living at Moorhead Close on Lewis Rd and getting to see them by bike or car should become much easier.

johnsy

LocalLurker

PostTue Dec 13, 2016 8:07 pm

Great find, would be interesting whether the just plan to tart up Rover Way or build a new dual carriage way, adjacent to Rover Way, with no turnoffs from Ocean Way up to the Lamby Way roundabout. I live in hope of the latter!

jonbvn

PostWed Dec 14, 2016 6:17 am

LocalLurker wrote:

Great find, would be interesting whether the just plan to tart up Rover Way or build a new dual carriage way, adjacent to Rover Way, with no turnoffs from Ocean Way up to the Lamby Way roundabout. I live in hope of the latter!

Assuming they do this, it will eventually lead to the the Llanedeyrn roundabout on the A48 becoming choked during rush-hour. Hopefully some improvements to this roundabout would be considered as part of the new development.

Anyway, latest Eastern Link video for your delight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcFHjfU ... 6W&index=1

murfilicious

PostWed Dec 14, 2016 11:30 am

jonbvn wrote:Assuming they do this, it will eventually lead to the the Llanedeyrn roundabout on the A48 becoming choked during rush-hour.

What do you mean "becoming choked" ? :roll:
I think the whole junction would need ripping up and starting again if they ever completed the link road - the vast majority of traffic coming off the flyover currently wants to turn right and go up the Eastbound A48, a roundabout is inefficient for this...
Some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue...

jonbvn

PostThu Dec 15, 2016 9:40 am

murfilicious wrote:
jonbvn wrote:Assuming they do this, it will eventually lead to the the Llanedeyrn roundabout on the A48 becoming choked during rush-hour.

What do you mean "becoming choked" ? :roll:
I think the whole junction would need ripping up and starting again if they ever completed the link road - the vast majority of traffic coming off the flyover currently wants to turn right and go up the Eastbound A48, a roundabout is inefficient for this...

You are correct. Perhaps I understated the situation a bit. I try to avoid this junction whenever possible. Living in Cyncoed, we try to go for the Pentwyn roundabout.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum