It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:46 am

Photos of Cardiff

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

johnsy

Photos of Cardiff

PostWed Oct 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Thought I would join the new forum (Nice work Paul, much easier to use) and share a recent shot from the Radisson Blu hotel.

You may need to scroll across to see the rest of the image.

Rhodri

Re: Photos of Cardiff

PostWed Oct 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Great photo. I do like the Maldron Hotel. I think it will be interesting to see the same view in a year or two. Also someone needs to do something with Custom House, it's crying out for redevelopment. Also, maybe a nice tall opposite Radisson would be great.

Barden

PostThu Oct 02, 2014 6:40 am

Nice!

johnsy

Kyle

PostMon Oct 13, 2014 10:31 am

Rhodri wrote:Great photo. I do like the Maldron Hotel. I think it will be interesting to see the same view in a year or two. Also someone needs to do something with Custom House, it's crying out for redevelopment. Also, maybe a nice tall opposite Radisson would be great.

That's a good point you have regarding Custom House.

What's happened to it's redevelopment ? It was on hold for a little while but I can't remember hearing anything for quite a while about it's conversion to offices. Maybe with the various speculative offices going up in the area they've shelved the idea ?

Ash

PostMon Oct 13, 2014 1:54 pm

Kyle wrote:
That's a good point you have regarding Custom House.

What's happened to it's redevelopment ? It was on hold for a little while but I can't remember hearing anything for quite a while about it's conversion to offices. Maybe with the various speculative offices going up in the area they've shelved the idea ?

It was last in use as a temporary homeless shelter, as I remember things. There's actually quite a modern building hiding behind the original facade. I wouldn't have thought it would take much to bring it back into use. The York Hotel on the other hand must hold the record for being boarded up. It's been in its current state since at least the 1980s.

johnsy

PostTue Oct 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Here's an update to the panoramic I posted on here a few years ago.

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/164287

lucky

PostThu Oct 23, 2014 10:43 pm

Is anyone else following Cardiff Before Cardiff on Facebook? They have some great shots of the old docks being posted.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum