It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:34 am

Cardiff University Developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author

Kyle

Cardiff University Developments

PostThu Oct 02, 2014 9:53 am

I don't think we've got a thread for the Maindy Road developments (if we have apologies) so I've created a new topic.

In this morning's press we have some news of four new buildings.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/cardiff-university-reveal-ambitious-vision-7867630

Very interesting stuff actually.

Victor Clam

Re: Cardiff University Developments

PostThu Oct 02, 2014 3:59 pm

This could be a pretty big development! From what I hear the funding for the semiconductor institute has been secured and they'll be working with IQE so maybe not long until we see them get started on that part. If the quality is at least as good as Hadyn Ellis I'll be happy - anyone on here been inside? It's a great space.

Karl

PostFri Oct 03, 2014 10:25 am

There was an interview with the Vice Chancellor on Wales today last night. The reporter signed off by saying everything should be completed in two years.

I don't think that can be right. Earlier in the interview the VC referred to completion in two years but I think he was specifically referring to CUBRIC which is just about to start construction. This is just one building of the four or five proposed.

Surely the scale of what is being proposed cannot be completed in two years?

Kyle

PostFri Oct 03, 2014 12:18 pm

2 years if they were all started the same time, but that isn't what's being proposed is it ?

If find the traffic concerns in the article below a bid odd, as if nobody has heard about these plans before.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/traffic-fears-raised-over-300m-7873432

Ever since the first building was started there were always plans for a complete campus with a series of buildings. It's just been in the news a bit more this week with a bit more detail describing the purpose of each building that's all.

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum