It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 am

Cardiff Bay/Mermaid Quay developments

if it's about Cardiff.. Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business, Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking, Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc.. then we want it here!
  • Author
Jantra

Re: Cardiff Bay/Mermaid Quay developments

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 1:36 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:
RandomComment wrote:I like the design.

But oh no! As Scotland strives for independence, we're about to be stamped by the hand of England (unfortunately I can't say perfidious Albion as of course that includes us heroic Welsh) yet again! Woe! Woe! Woe!

But you are clearly English, so I don't understand who you are referring to as "we". Weren't you Cambo Dai from Cambridge, then London David, from London?

Cambo is from Pontypridd but ended up at Cambridge.

the boy done good!

Mr Blue Sky

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 2:00 pm

He's as Welsh as a white rose, Yorkshire pudding and Jim Davidson.

RandomComment

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 2:08 pm

Mr Blue Sky wrote:He's as Welsh as a white rose, Yorkshire pudding and Jim Davidson.

I'm a Welshman living in England taking an active interest in Wales. Isn't that better than the vast majority of our country-folk who stay in Wales but are completely apathetic? Or those who leave Wales and forget their roots completely (a few quite high profile politicians there!) or use them cynically (a few celebs here!)?

Jantra

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 2:37 pm

RandomComment wrote:
Mr Blue Sky wrote:He's as Welsh as a white rose, Yorkshire pudding and Jim Davidson.

I'm a Welshman living in England taking an active interest in Wales. Isn't that better than the vast majority of our country-folk who stay in Wales but are completely apathetic? Or those who leave Wales and forget their roots completely (a few quite high profile politicians there!) or use them cynically (a few celebs here!)?

Don't feed the troll

Mr Blue Sky

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 3:19 pm

Jantra wrote:
RandomComment wrote:

Don't feed the troll

Umm you are the biggest troll in the history of both CCMB and CWM so your comment is a bit hypocritical. Anyway English David was trolling in his original post - posting something controversial in the hope of getting a reaction. Which he did.

Face it, we (you, me and AngloDewi) all troll at times but when it comes to trolling you could teach a PhD course on it.

Jantra

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Mr Blue Sky is a moron wrote:
Umm you are the biggest troll in the history of both CCMB and CWM so your comment is a bit hypocritical. Anyway English David was trolling in his original post - posting something controversial in the hope of getting a reaction. Which he did.

Face it, we (you, me and AngloDewi) all troll at times but when it comes to trolling you could teach a PhD course on it.

I've not been on ccmb since the migration.

I haven't posted any well thought out critiques of the welsh government on here for years

Mr Blue Sky

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Jantra wrote:

I haven't posted any well thought out critiques of the welsh government on here for years

I'm not a moron. That is a pretty immature response. This was started by Dai Sais, ridiculing my perfectly legitimate opinion that the UK (English) state is keen to stamp its identity on Cardiff's physical infrastructure. It is a pity that two intelligent men such as yourselves lose the argument by resorting to ridiculing me and launching personal attacks.

Jantra

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 6:35 pm

Mr Blue Sky is not a moron, he is an idiot wrote:
Jantra wrote:

I'm not a moron. That is a pretty immature response. This was started by Dai Sais, ridiculing my perfectly legitimate opinion that the UK (English) state is keen to stamp its identity on Cardiff's physical infrastructure. It is a pity that two intelligent men such as yourselves lose the argument by resorting to ridiculing me and launching personal attacks.

You're quite correct, petty name calling is immature. I am sure Cambo will accept your apology in the manner it was given

:D

Mr Blue Sky

PostWed Mar 15, 2017 7:36 pm

My behaviour can be idiotic at times. But isn't that true of anyone?

I called him English due to his past monikers. Hardly an insult. But if it makes you or him feel better, I am sorry, David, for calling you English.

Cardiff

PostSun Mar 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Interesting read on Dolfin Quay development

http://www.dolffinquay.com/#about

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0yhue26syjfu ... LV-Na?dl=0

Not sure how i feel about it, the main issue i have is the loss of usable green space in the bay, and this development seems to take up quite a bit as well as overshadowing it. From the daylight studies they have done it seems like in the summer it will get the sun from around 12pm and in the winter not until 13:00pm (considering the sun then sets at 16:00pm). I also dont like the fact they will cut the trees down on the waterfront.

I think it will totally transform the area and make it feel different, if that is good or bad i dont know.
PreviousNext

Return to Cardiff Wales Map forum